Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OK, we're finally ready to let some people in to try out a beta version of our MP3tunes support on SqueezeNetwork.

If you're interested, please send me a private message with your SN email address in the subject.

Instructions for accessing the beta after I've granted your access:

* Make sure you have the latest firmware (76 or 29).
    * On the SN main menu, you will see a new menu item "Connect to SN Beta Server".
    * Select this menu item to be reconnected to the beta server. You'll know it worked if you see the main menu title of "SqueezeNetwork - Beta".
    * Enter your MP3tunes account information on the MP3tunes account tab on the SN website.
    * Access the "MP3tunes Oboe Locker" menu item on your player or from the Browse webpage.

Some notes:
    mp3, ogg, and wma files of any bitrate will be streamed natively to your player. Any other formats will be transcoded by the mp3tunes server into 128k mp3.

As this is a beta server, it may be less stable than the production SN servers.

Bug Report - Connecting to SN Beta Server

At 12:07 EST using SB3 wireless --

In SN user account web page entered mp3tunes username and password and hit save.

Logged into Squeeze Network

Scroll to SN beta Serve

Scroll right to activate

Line moves to left as if connecting and squeezebox immediatly disconnects and goes to set-up page asking if I want to connect to slimserver, squeeze network, setup networking, etc.

Have repeated the login 10 times - same results.

Yeah that's why I mentioned you should have the latest firmware. The ability to switch servers was only added recently. Press and hold brightness on SN to get the latest, then it should work.

Duhh

OK will do

Still no connection

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Yeah that's why I mentioned you should have the latest firmware. The ability to switch servers was only added recently. Press and hold brightness on SN to get the latest, then it should work.
    I connected and have firmware 76 - checked on the readout. I get the same problem. Connects to SN - go to Beta server and then disconnect and back to the option of what I want to sign in or setup

Crap I wish I could reproduce that one.

Here are the steps to manually connect:

* Hold left to go to the firmware setup menu.
    * Select Current Settings.
    * Find the SlimServer item and press right.
    * Change the IP address to 207.007.156.011 and press right.
    * Press left to exit the settings menu and the find this SlimServer address and press right to connect.

I'm up and running just fine but I've noticed a few problems. First - the first song I started playing started with a loud pop, replaying the same track again didn't. Second - International characters don't work. For instance, Bj÷rk becomes Bj\u0072006b0000 in the artist browse and Bj\u00f6rk on the next level down (ie - Debut by Bj\u00f6rk). Otherwise things seem to be generally fine in the short while I've been playing with it.

That worked - on two

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Crap I wish I could reproduce that one.

Here are the steps to manually connect:

* Hold left to go to the firmware setup menu.
    * Select Current Settings.
    * Find the SlimServer item and press right.
    * Change the IP address to 207.007.156.011 and press right.
    * Press left to exit the settings menu and the find this SlimServer address and press right to connect.
    Yeah well - I can do it on both of my devices. Let me know if there is anything I can give you to help figure it out.

In the meantime your fix worked beautifully. OMG - I AM LOVING THIS! This is truly a great addittion to the box. I am one of those who would like to totally be away from my computer - so this has potential. So far I have been playing it for an hour without incident. I have been mixing and matching songs from mp3tunes & rhapsody and skipping back and forth in the playlist -- no problems. Good work Andy and thanks.

Will you be able to use the search function on this service?

Access mp3tunes from squeezebox

On Mar 23, 2007, at 8:34 AM, brdbointx wrote:

> Will you be able to use the search function on this service?

There's no search function in their API but I will ask if it's
    something they plan to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Grundman View Post
    On Mar 23, 2007, at 8:34 AM, brdbointx wrote:

> Will you be able to use the search function on this service?

There's no search function in their API but I will ask if it's
    something they plan to add.

OK - Andy, this is a rudimentary question, but it is not a feature I typically used or looked for before. Can you created playlists from mixed sources (say rhapsody track and mp3tunes) and then save them on SN? If so - how do you do that?