Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Grundman View Post
    On Jul 28, 2006, at 5:54 AM, mikaellowgren wrote:
    Sorry, that option was enabled by mistake. This feature is not quite
    ready yet, but stay tuned.
    Hi, what's the status so far.
    Is there any planned release yet? I can't wait :-)

Thanks, Mikael

+1
    My digital music without a computer would be massive shift in the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Grundman View Post
    On Jul 28, 2006, at 14:06

Sorry, that option was enabled by mistake. This feature is not quite
    ready yet, but stay tuned.

Do we still need to be tuned-in or have developments taken a different turn.

Was hoping to get a mp3tunes subscription for Christmas if Squeeze Network was compatible.
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2006-12-09 at 04:39. Reason: Inacurate quote reference

Update

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    Do we still need to be tuned-in or have developments taken a different turn.

Was hoping to get a mp3tunes subscription for Christmas if Squeeze Network was compatible.
    I just got a note from mp3tunes saying that they are working on the integration now and we should see it very soon

Still Tuned In

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by brdbointx View Post
    I just got a note from mp3tunes saying that they are working on the integration now and we should see it very soon
    But how soon is soon?

I have been experimenting with Mp3Tunes and it is an excellent service. Is taking about 100 years to upload my music (120gb) but it is very responsive.

They also seem to have given me an unlimited account for free which is welcome news.

It just gets better, MP3Tunes have just announced free unlimited storage for all. Perfect for a remote backup of your music.

I kept wondering why I could go past the 1gb limit and now I know why.

I have been seriously impressed with this service in terms of reliability and speed. I just hope it doesn't go the same way as the original mp3.com which was a very similar service. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3.com

Now all we need is SqueezeNetwork connectivity!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattybain View Post
    It just gets better, MP3Tunes have just announced free unlimited storage for all. Perfect for a remote backup of your music.
    I thought exactly the same thing, but then found that mp3tunes would only take tracks up to a certain size. I didn't establish exactly what that length was, but it wasn't overly massive. Each time I tried to sync it would go through the process of uploading those tracks first before moving on to do other stuff, and then rejecting them again once the sync had finished. Argghh!

I stumped up the $40 to get around this, so SqueezeNetwork integration better be round the corner pretty soon!

Quote Originally Posted by hunta View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing, but then found that mp3tunes would only take tracks up to a certain size. I didn't establish exactly what that length was, but it wasn't overly massive. Each time I tried to sync it would go through the process of uploading those tracks first before moving on to do other stuff, and then rejecting them again once the sync had finished. Argghh!
    The free version maxes out at 10mb/track, while the pay version allows up to 50mb/track.

Quote Originally Posted by hunta View Post
    I stumped up the $40 to get around this, so SqueezeNetwork integration better be round the corner pretty soon!
    Got this response to a question about this on the MP3Tunes support forum yesterday "All I can say is, stay tuned to our Announcement forum for any developments ".

Sounds promising.