Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    749

    Help! My SlimServer UI is mucked up

    When I access the web interface to SlimServer on my LinkStation (6.3.0 - 8154 - Linux - EN - iso-8859-1) I now get a bunch of placeholders instead of graphic images on the Home page. See attached image. This is using the default skin, but other skins show similar problems.

    The interface used to be OK, and I don't know of anything that changed. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix it?

  2. #2
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,460

    Help! My SlimServer UI is mucked up

    > When I access the web interface to SlimServer on my LinkStation (6.3.0 -
    > 8154 - Linux - EN - iso-8859-1) I now get a bunch of placeholders
    > instead of graphic images on the Home page. See attached image. This is
    > using the default skin, but other skins show similar problems.


    Have you tried another browser (is this IE 7?)? And did you flush the
    cache, force a reload of that page (ctrl-f5)?

    --

    Michael

    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Help translate SlimServer by using the
    StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger
    Have you tried another browser (is this IE 7?)? And did you flush the cache, force a reload of that page (ctrl-f5)?
    The screen capture is with IE 7. I have also tried FireFox, and it shows the same effect. I'll try flushing the cache when I get home later today.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    749
    By the way, the problem only occurs when viewing the web interface for SlimServer on the LinkStation. When I point the same web browser to a version of SlimServer on the local machine (localhost:9000), everything looks normal.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    I had this same problem today, suddenly. Restarting SlimServer cleared it right up.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by spafonyx
    I had this same problem today, suddenly. Restarting SlimServer cleared it right up.
    Was that restarting the SlimServer app running on the LinkStation (e.g. rebooting the LinkStation), or just reinitiating SlimServer access through the web browser?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredLegs
    Was that restarting the SlimServer app running on the LinkStation (e.g. rebooting the LinkStation), or just reinitiating SlimServer access through the web browser?
    You could certainly reboot the LinkStation, but I'd think that just stopping then restarting the service would do the same thing. That's what I did. Of course, I'm running on an extra WinXP box as my server, not a LinkStation, so rebooting may be easier for you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by spafonyx
    You could certainly reboot the LinkStation, but I'd think that just stopping then restarting the service would do the same thing. That's what I did. Of course, I'm running on an extra WinXP box as my server, not a LinkStation, so rebooting may be easier for you.
    Yes, it's quite easy to reboot the LinkStation. I have already done so at least once since the UI problem began, but the problem remained. So, I was trying to understand which "restart" fixed the problem on your system.

    I find it interesting that you had the problem on a WinXP server. Somethin' fishy going on with SlimServer 6.3.0.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredLegs
    Yes, it's quite easy to reboot the LinkStation. I have already done so at least once since the UI problem began, but the problem remained. So, I was trying to understand which "restart" fixed the problem on your system.

    I find it interesting that you had the problem on a WinXP server. Somethin' fishy going on with SlimServer 6.3.0.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree that something's awry with 6.3.0. Hope you get your UI unmucked.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    749
    Well, I managed to get the SlimServer UI back to normal by using telnet to send a reboot command to the LinkStation. Not sure how that's any different than just power cycling the LinkStation, but the effect was different (unless it was coincidental).

    If the problem happens again, I'll see if I can figure out what sequence of events triggered it.

    Thanks for people's help and suggestions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •