Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Slim.exe commands

I wasn't sure what forum to ask this so I just thought I'd post it here.

Does anyone have a list of commands for the slim.exe program?

Example "slim.exe --start"

Slim.exe commands

> Example "slim.exe --start"

slim.exe --help

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Help translate SlimServer by using the
    SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Try slim.exe --help

It'll print a list to the console.

Thanks. Should have thought of that. That will teach me to ask questions right before going to bed.

Does the "slim.exe --help" show all the commands because I was looking for a command line way to have it rescan the music director and I don't see that under --help? There was --scanonly but I don't want to exit when done.
    Sorry if this is another dumb question.
    Last edited by blkwrx; 2006-06-28 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by blkwrx
    Does the "slim.exe --help" show all the commands because I was looking for a command line way to have it rescan the music director and I don't see that under --help? There was --scanonly but I don't want to exit when done.
    Sorry if this is another dumb question.
    You would do this in 6.2.x and 6.3 by having SlimServer already running and then using the CLI to send it a command to rescan. The CLI interface is just a telnet interface to the server. You could either use Windows Scriptiong Host to script the Windows telnet.exe client, or else use a scriptable third party tool.

I think this tool might do the job:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx
    You would do this in 6.2.x and 6.3 by having SlimServer already running and then using the CLI to send it a command to rescan. The CLI interface is just a telnet interface to the server. You could either use Windows Scriptiong Host to script the Windows telnet.exe client, or else use a scriptable third party tool.

I think this tool might do the job:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html
    Hey Jim thanks for the response. The OS I'm running can not install teraterm and has the telnet services removed so unless you guys go another way I'll have to figure out another way.

I think --stdio will then let you do CLI from the the console although I have never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by blkwrx
    Hey Jim thanks for the response. The OS I'm running can not install teraterm and has the telnet services removed so unless you guys go another way I'll have to figure out another way.
    It's the telnet client you need - not the telnet service. You can use the built in windows one or something like hyperterminal or putty. If those are a no-go you can look at something like starting IE with a magic url to trigger the scan.

Quote Originally Posted by radish
    It's the telnet client you need - not the telnet service. You can use the built in windows one or something like hyperterminal or putty. If those are a no-go you can look at something like starting IE with a magic url to trigger the scan.
    telnet clint is also removed I was thinking there must be an IE URL that would trigger the scan.
    Thanks