Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

"Clear Library and rescan everything" doesnt clear

"Clear Library and rescan everything" doesn't seem to clear the library and it seems to just scan the entire disk. I tried changing the music directory to a virtually empty directory and I still can't get rid of the previous library (and it takes way too long to scan such a small directory). However if I go to "Browse Music Folder" it picks up the correct folder. The scan appears to be scanning the entire drive irrespective of what I do.

I then turned that drive off and pointed the Music Folder at a drive with little music on it. Did Clear and Rescan and it still wouldn't clear the library, and still took a long time to scan.

I was using the 6.5b1 version of slimserver, but have now gone back to 6.3.0 and I still get the same thing.

Any ideas?

Yup - stop slimserver, either delete / move the slimserversql.db file [if you are on Windows it will be under Slimserver/Server/Cache], restart slimserver which will then build a completely new database file. Kind of an ultimate clear and rescan.

Edited to say, it does sound a bit like your Music Library isn't quite set up right - the directory you are pointing slimserver at doesn't have any symbolic links or big playlists which point to another bit of your hard drive ?

"Clear Library and rescan everything"doesnt clear

* rbl shaped the electrons to say...

>"Clear Library and rescan everything" doesn't seem to clear the library
    >and it seems to just scan the entire disk. I tried changing the music
    >directory to a virtually empty directory and I still can't get rid of
    >the previous library (and it takes way too long to scan such a small
    >directory). However if I go to "Browse Music Folder" it picks up the
    >correct folder. The scan appears to be scanning the entire drive
    >irrespective of what I do.

That shouldn't happen. Can you please run with: --d_sql and --d_scan

Thanks.

-D
    --
    Adobe Photoshop - When you want the truth. Real bad.

Deleting slimserversql.db did the trick, and it now clears and scans properly. I am not aware of any large playlists etc.. so I don't think that is the problem, and it had all worked for several weeks before. What seemed to trip it up was upgrading to 6.5b1, but that may just be coincidence. Thanks very much for the fix!

Dan - am very happy to run with -d_sql and -d_scan but (1) now it appears to be working is the bug still likely to show? And (2) I wont get a chance to do it until the w/e now, but will happily do it then if it helps.

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar

Re: "Clear Library and rescan everything"doesnt clear

if you have any new info, please add here:
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3293

Quote Originally Posted by kdf
    if you have any new info, please add here:
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3293
    This is giving me grief again. Clear and Rescan still doesn't work. Furthermore it is hard to enter a new Music Directory. If I enter a new Music Directory, press Change, press Home and then Server Settings I find it has reverted to the old music directory. If I press the IE refresh button the same happens. The only way I can get it to remember a directory is to enter the directory, press Change, exit from IE, reload IE and then it has remembered it. It STILL wont Clear and Rescan though. I can only get it to clear the library by deleting the database.

I have tried pointing it at an empty directory but this doesn't help.

All this started after I tried 6.5b1. This may well be a coincidence, and I have tried deleting everything and reinstalling 6.2.2 but it still won't work properly. Everything worked 100% before I installed 6.5b1.

I did try, as you suggested, running with --d_sql and --d_scan some time ago but the output file (log.txt?) seemed very truncated and gibberish. I have attached it.

"me too"

Sorry, I have to post a me too message. Since upgrading to 6.3.0 I am noticing essentially the same behaviour in which the itunes based playlists are not fully deleted upon re-scan. The only new thing I can add here, is that I had this before with 6.0.0 but it was fixed. Unforunately this bug appears to have re-surfaced.

R

alex

Deleting slimserversql.db did not work either

Now this is strange. I followed the instructions above and deleted the file "slimserversql.db" but this did not work, the re-build is exactly the same. It includes some orphan playlists that have been deleted months ago. Very strange indeed. I'll have another go at deleting the file and re-scannign tomorrow.