Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Showing radio tracklists (now playing...) while playing the stations

Hi

I'm listening to few radiostations that offers tracklists/playlists on the www showing what song is being played right now (and has been played). I would like to take this information and show the track being played right now on the Squeezebox display when listening to these stations.

The stations I talk about are first of all some of the music-only netradio stations offered by Danmarks Radio, but also stations like KEXP, KCRW and others.

Has a plugin like that allready been made for some of these or other stations? Maybe I should learn Perl and how to make plugins for SlimServer. Would it be difficult to make such a plugin?
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - flickr.com/photos/stignygaard
    Server: LMS 8.0.0 (LmsUpdate) - 1605892076 @ Nov 20 2020 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Hi Stig,
    what you describe is what the LastFM plugin does, so you might want to have a look at that.

James

The Live365 plugin also does the exact same thing: pull data from an XML feed and display it as the currently playing track.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg
    The Live365 plugin also does the exact same thing: pull data from an XML feed and display it as the currently playing track.
    Andy,

I only see song titles when accessing Live365 from SqueezeNetwork. Any chance the SlimServer (6.5) plugin can be modified to provide similar info?

Thanks.

Hmm I thought that it was working in SlimServer last time I checked, I'll see what's wrong.

Thanks. I have a look at LastFM (and Live365 if it works).
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - flickr.com/photos/stignygaard
    Server: LMS 8.0.0 (LmsUpdate) - 1605892076 @ Nov 20 2020 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Just checked in a fix for this issue. I had to apply the same fix I made for SqueezeNetwork because we've now enabled direct streaming in SlimServer.

Is this fix only for 6.5.1 or also for 6.3.0?

I thought it only was a problem in 6.5 but 6.3 is also broken in a different way. I will fix.

Fixed in 6.3.