Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Tracks Duplicated after folder relocation

Hi,

I've seen lots of chatter about track duplication, but because they don't seem to describe my scenario, I'm starting a new thread - so apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm fairly new to the SB, but have been running well with it for a week now. I decided that it was safer to locate my music files on a external USB2 HardDrive....any how,

I copied my music folder from C: to the new drive and all went well.

I told iTunes and SlimServer the new location

Hey presto duplicate track listings. I've done the library clear and rescan to no success.

Any ideas ? Am running slimserver 6.2.1 with generic build other than the AlienBBC plugin.

Thanks,

Phil

***UPDATE***

Okay, sorry, fixed it. After noticing that even if I told SS that the music folder was in a location that was totally empty, I uninstalled the server, deleted the \program files\slimserver folder and reinstalled. Problem solved.
    Last edited by yockers; 2006-04-25 at 08:01.

Quote Originally Posted by yockers

***UPDATE***

Okay, sorry, fixed it. After noticing that even if I told SS that the music folder was in a location that was totally empty, I uninstalled the server, deleted the \program files\slimserver folder and reinstalled. Problem solved.
    Well, that would work, though others following behind might want to note that you probably didn't need to remove the whole of the slimserver folder (which would also blow away any server or player settings), but just the database file in ..../cache

Ceejay