Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    formerly known as Fletch
    Using Zipcode as Citycodde works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blue Ego
    This plugin completely kills the server. Getting the error:

Weather::Cached: ERROR Invalid location provided

How do I find the weather.com location code for my location? It doesn't seem to like the city or zip
    Currently, the easiest way would be to visit http://www.weather.com and navigate to your local weather information. If you, i.e. , live in Miami, Florida, you would end up at http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USFL0316?from=search_city. Look at the URL and find USFL0316 as your location code.

If anyone has a good suggestion on providing a search function in either the running plugin or the settings screen, I would love to hear about that. I have not bothered with this yet, because it is a one time setup...

Also, suggestions on improved error handling are most welcome.
    Last edited by martin.rehfeld; 2006-03-14 at 01:23.
    Cheers,
    Martin Rehfeld

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Check out http://inside.glnetworks.de/ for more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by OperaBen
    1. I am using 12 hours(AM/PM) in the date/time format. With the current font size, the complete date information is too long to be displayed on the player screen. And there seems to be no scrolling function, so I can only see something like this:

9:30 AM 03.14.200

This is kind of strange looking. Is it possible to add font size adjustment or text scrolling?
    Well, I don't think it would be very desirable to use a much smaller font - even if we would, we would get problems supporting the SLIMP3 with it's fixed font size.

But may I suggest using a shorter date format like

9:30 AM 03.14.06

You should be able to get the desired effect when choosing MM.DD.YY as a short date format in Server Settings->Formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by OperaBen
    2. Since this is a screen saver, I guess it is supposed to be non-static (at least that's how I interprete a screen saver: To avoid making permanent imprint on a screen). Is it possible to make the screen display scrolling or refresh with non-static information? I am just thinking that, in area like Southern California where you have sunny day alomost everyday, the weather icon will be the same most of the time, will it make an imprint on the screen? :-)
    As the standard DateTime screensaver does not implement anything like scrolling/non-static content either, I would not worry about that. I don't think the displays are prone to imprints. But maybe someone from SlimDevices can comment on that.
    Last edited by martin.rehfeld; 2006-03-14 at 03:56.
    Cheers,
    Martin Rehfeld

Great plugin

Works great on 6.2.1 and I just replaced Super date time with this -- *FANTASTIC* job!

Thanks for the tip on the weather code. Works fine now.

Now I see the tip was included in the plugin panel itself. Next time I'll RTFM!
    Last edited by Pale Blue Ego; 2006-03-14 at 07:20.

Couple of error messages

2006-03-14 10:55:25.3944 Plugin WeatherTime: need to add condition <PM T-Showers> to translation STRINGS
    2006-03-14 11:15:33.4808 Plugin WeatherTime: need to add condition <T-Showers> to translation STRINGS
    2006-03-14 13:36:29.2351 Plugin WeatherTime: need to add condition <T-Showers / Wind> to translation STRINGS
    Last edited by Pale Blue Ego; 2006-03-14 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blue Ego
    2006-03-14 10:55:25.3944 Plugin WeatherTime: need to add condition <PM T-Showers> to translation STRINGS
    2006-03-14 11:15:33.4808 Plugin WeatherTime: need to add condition <T-Showers> to translation STRINGS
    2006-03-14 13:36:29.2351 Plugin WeatherTime: need to add condition <T-Showers / Wind> to translation STRINGS
    Nasty weather, huh?

The problem with the translation of the weather conditions is that I could not get hold off a complete list of all possible conditions used by Weather.Com(R)

This is only relevant if you are using German as your server language. The english texts will be shown unaltered anyway.

But thanks for the info - I'll add the missing texts for the next version.
    Cheers,
    Martin Rehfeld

Quote Originally Posted by martin.rehfeld
    Well, I don't think it would be very desirable to use a much smaller font - even if we would, we would get problems supporting the SLIMP3 with it's fixed font size.

But may I suggest using a shorter date format like

9:30 AM 03.14.06

You should be able to get the desired effect when choosing MM.DD.YY as a short date format in Server Settings->Formatting.

Thanks, Martin. The new version works great on 6.2.1, and reformatting the date fixed the screen truncation problem.

Nice screensaver - thanks again!

V1.4 is out! Dutch translation and improved error handling

I have just put V1.4 of WeatherTime up on the website at http://inside.glnetworks.de/2006/03/...or-slimserver/.

New Features include:

* Dutch translation contributed by Willem Oepkes <oepkes(at)klq(dot)nl>
    * Improved error handling will prevent crashing the entire Slimserver in case anything goes wrong when fetching data from Weather.Com(R)

Have fun!
    Cheers,
    Martin Rehfeld

?

Hi
    Great Plugin. I have just a few questions.

I get a "?" for the weather icon for a sunny and windy day in San Francisco. Just
    upgraded to 1.4 from 1.3 and had not noticed it on 1.3 but this is also the first
    sunny day since I installed the plugin.

When I change an element in the icon map from a 9 to say 8 the "?" gets replaced by thunderstorms.
    Should I assume that the element I replaced with an 8 stands for sunny and windy, make and icon and call
    it a day or is it more complex than that?

Running 3-2 nightly/linux/WP1.4
    Thanks
    wr420
    Last edited by wr420; 2006-03-17 at 22:13.