Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

"Browse Music Folder" and end up playing the wrong song

When I do a "Browse Music Folder," often times SB3 end up playing a wrong song.

To be more specific, here is how my Music directory is set up:

\Music
    \Lossless
    \Artist_A
    \Albums...
    \Artist B
    \Albums...

\Lossy.ink (Note: a shortcut to my lossy formats which are in a folder on a separate hard drive)
    \Artist_First
    \Albums...
    \Artist_Last
    \Albums...

Random_song_01.mp3
    Random_song_02.mp3
    More random songs...

What happens is when I do a Browse by Music Folder -> Lossy and scroll through to get a song, say Random_song_82.mp3, and hit Play, SB3 would instead play another random song, say, Random_song_12.mp3. The SB3 display says it's playing 82 but it is not. SB3 does this consistently, meaning it always plays 12 when I choose 82. (Numbers are made up but you get the idea.)

However, when I use the SlimServer interface via Firefox and pick Random_song_82.mp3, it plays exactly that song.

I have experiemented with different versions of SlimServer and firmware but the problem persists.

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? Thanks in advance for your help!

Bummer, the spacing didn't work out.

What I meant to show was there was a main Music folder. Under which there is one Lossless folder and one Lossy shortcut to my lossy format folder.

In my lossy format folder, I have folders that are arranged by artists. There is also a collection of mp3s that doesn't fit elsewhere.

The problem occurs when I play some of those random mp3s if I do a Browse Music Folder.

A Similar Bug Fixed in Current Beta

A bug involving playing the wrong song - specifically a song one or more slots past the one selected - has been fixed. If you are not running the latest 6.2.2 you might try it. (Bug 2980)

Quote Originally Posted by Millwood
    A bug involving playing the wrong song - specifically a song one or more slots past the one selected - has been fixed. If you are not running the latest 6.2.2 you might try it. (Bug 2980)
    Thanks, Millwood. I downloaded the Nightly as of 3-10-2006 and it appears to work fine now.

Thanks again.