Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Artists showing up twice in Browse Artists

    I know I've seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find the thread now.

    This problem just started out of the blue. If I use the web interface to Slimserver and click on "Browse Artist", some (but not all) of the artists are listed twice.

    Any clues?

    I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 6245 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JJZolx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson
    I know I've seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find the thread now.

    This problem just started out of the blue. If I use the web interface to Slimserver and click on "Browse Artist", some (but not all) of the artists are listed twice.

    Any clues?

    I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 6245 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.
    It usually helps to drill down under the different instances of an artist and seeing which albums, then which tracks are shown. Could be a various artist issue. They seem to come and go on a weekly basis if you follow the nightlies.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx
    It usually helps to drill down under the different instances of an artist and seeing which albums, then which tracks are shown. Could be a various artist issue. They seem to come and go on a weekly basis if you follow the nightlies.
    The album and track listings are identical for each instance of an artist.
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

  4. #4
    This also shows up if I use the remote to click "Now Playing" and go to the right on the Squeezebox to see the song details - the artist is listed twice.
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

  5. #5
    Arg - now the artist is showing up THREE times!
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

  6. #6
    Senior Member stinkingpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    833

    Re: Artists showing up twice in Browse Artists

    >
    > Arg - now the artist is showing up THREE times!
    >


    Do you have the Lazy Search plugin installed?


    --
    Jack Coates At Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture!
    "I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western
    ocean I must wander" - traditional


  7. #7
    ^^^ Yup. Let me do some searching, sounds like that's the problem.
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

  8. #8
    Can I just get rid of Lazy Search and rescan my library?
    FREE RADICAL
    RADIO!
    Hours of free radical MP3s.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ceejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Anderson
    Can I just get rid of Lazy Search and rescan my library?
    No need to get rid of Lazy Search, but you may need to do a complete clear and rescan of the library.

    The issue arises when you put a new album into the library - because LazySearch adds the search code to the artist (in the Artistsearch column, I think), it appears to the code that the artist for the newly added album is different to the one already in the database, so a duplicate gets added.

    Have a look in the Plugins forum for threads about LazySearch.

    Ceejay

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •