Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RadioParadise

RadioParadise

I just can't get over how great this station is! It reminds me of the great college station I listened to growing up in upstate NY in the 70's(WRPI).

I have discovered some excellent music listening to RP. And it sounds great with the SB3 too!

Absolutely. Everything from Beethoven to Black Sabbath!

I like their website forum, too. Lots of lively discussion about each song as it plays.

I find the LRC (listern review channel) is often more interesting to listen to than the main one, and of course you can listen to it on your squeezebox of you put the URL in a playlist

It is great. Most certainly if you enjoy Nick Drake or the odd Pretenders, Neil Young, Grateful Derath, Porcupine Tree, or Kent song. Just to name a view.

Enjoy this too - excellent playlists - avail as FLAC which makes it even better !

Have not tried getting this feed via Alexa (she seems to like TuneIn and Amazon Music, but I confess to being a bit of a novice with Alexa)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bill Clark, Windham, VT
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:22:21 CET 2021
    Hostname: ubuntu-lms - ProxMox Virtual Environment 5.4-3 | Ubuntu 20.04 focal
    piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
    -----------------------------------------------

Listen to Radio Paradise FLAC daily on my Squeezebox Touch in my living room and with Jriver on my Desktop in my home office. The Main Mix and especially the Eclectic Mix are fantastic and sound great. LMS 7.9.3 on the Touch.

Don't forget about the Rock mix and Mellow mix. I've been listening to RP for maybe 10 years and a subscriber for half that time. Bill has a great station, and it's been wonderful.

It's the 2020 Support Appeal time.

If you are a registered user then you will have received an email - if you are not registered but use Bill's excellent service then you really should think about registering (and supporting the appeal). The email I received from RP is repeated below for reference.

Greetings from Radio Paradise!

2020 has been filled with many changes, but one thing remains the same: Radio Paradise is still dedicated to providing you with a high quality hand-crafted musical soundtrack, without any advertising of any kind. Ever.

Currently, less than 10% of our listeners are regular supporters. If youĺd like to send support (as you have in the past), or set up an automatic monthly, quarterly, or annual payment, you can do that here:

https://support.radioparadise.com

As always, we understand that sending financial support may not be an option, particularly during these turbulent times. That's fine. We hope that you'll continue to make RP a part of your life. We wonĺt restrict your enjoyment in any way.

If you haven't listened recently, we'd love to have you join us at https://radioparadise.com, or grab our app for iPhone, Android, AppleTV, Roku, or FireTV. Or tell your smart speaker to play us, either directly or via TuneIn.

If you appreciate high fidelity audio, we offer lossless streaming via our web player, phone & TV apps, Sonos, Bluesound, Naim, Roon, and JRiver. We also now have a lossless stream URL you can add to WiFi receivers, etc.

Our web player and most apps offer the ability to skip songs, alternate music mixes, our thematic slideshow, and much more.

Thanks for being a part of the RP family!

Your grateful hosts,
    Bill & Rebecca
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

For UK-based listeners ... it looks like TuneIn is going to hide the station (along with lots of other non-UK ones) because of their on-going dispute with the UK labels/collection agencies.
    RP sent an email yesterday with the warning.

So - if you find that it stops working or you cannot find it any more via Search then add the stream URLs as Favourites rather than going through TuneIn to get them.
    https://radioparadise.com/listen/stream-links
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland