Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora is up!

Cool Pandora is up!

The new Pandora code has been rolled out and opened up to everyone! Go give it a try and let us know what you think. We hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do!

If you have any questions, you may want to consult both our FAQ and Pandora's FAQ.

http://www.squeezenetwork.com/services/pandora/faq
    http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

Bugs can be reported through Bugzilla as usual.

great, - another fee to pay

i was excited that Pandora was ported to SB but disappointed that i need to pay a fee after 90 days to listen via the SB. I'd rather listen to a live365 type announcement ever so often that pay yet another monthly/yearly service charge.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelis
    i was excited that Pandora was ported to SB but disappointed that i need to pay a fee after 90 days to listen via the SB. I'd rather listen to a live365 type announcement ever so often that pay yet another monthly/yearly service charge.
    I say: Thank you, Slim Devices, for adding yet another fantastic _choice_ to Squeezebox's list of capabilities.

Re: Pandora is up!

I would rather pay a low yearly fee than listen to loud, distracting
    commercials.

Thank to SD for the new service. Keep them coming!
    On 3/1/06, mikelis <mikelis.240han1141251933 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
    wrote:
    >
    >
    > i was excited that Pandora was ported to SB but disappointed that i need
    > to pay a fee after 90 days to listen via the SB. I'd rather listen to a
    > live365 type announcement ever so often that pay yet another
    > monthly/yearly service charge.
    >
    >

Quote Originally Posted by mikelis
    .....and your employer would love you to work for free too - but you wouldn't eh. At least you get to try it free for 90 days, which is more than most companies would allow for their products...although I like the idea of trying beer for 90 days before I decide to buy it....

People will vote with their wallets - if it's a great service and value for money - people will pay - that's the beauty of this whole thing - you get to make a choice.

Well done Slim Devices!

Mike

commercials

Quote Originally Posted by shvejk
    I would rather pay a low yearly fee than listen to loud, distracting
    commercials.
    So true, Shvejk!! i hate those damned loud obnoxious radio adverts. I'd rather be poked with sharp sticks than listen to that and those mindless radio talk shows.
    When i want to hear music, i listen to Pandora-on-SN. When i want news, i listen to Nation Public Radio.
    Last edited by visualkev; 2006-03-01 at 19:02.

Congratulations, I was astounded by Pandora's power almost a year ago when my good friend and roomie called me to tell me he had discovered gold!
    My only reluctance towards Pandora was that I had to be on my computer for it to work, and thus, almost converted the whole experience in a task (you know, sitting down, and chosing and listenting closely sitting down in front of a monitor so I could choose correctly..)
    Now that Pandora has been liberated from the box, I am so happy I am going to pay for the service as soon as possible.
    I want to show my support to the creative minds at Slim Devices and what better way to do it supporting another great set of creative minds...The Pandora folks...

Againa, I congratulate both teams for creating a brand new avenue that speaks highly of the future...

THANKS

Great deal is all I can say! I will try for a while but if the experience of the past hour is any indication I will be paying the $36/year fee.

Thanks Slimdevices.

I was so excited when I was able try out Pandora this morning after receiving an email from slim devices informing us about this new service.

I really like Pandora a lot and I would like to pay the yearly subscription fee of 36US$, but unfortunately this will only be possible for "US-based customers"!!??

Why is that?

Re: Pandora is up!

> I really like Pandora a lot and I would like to pay the yearly
    > subscription fee of 36US$, but unfortunately this will only be possible
    > for "US-based customers"!!??
    >
    > Why is that?

Legal issues... It has been discussed a lot in the forums. Search for NY
    Times and Pandora.

You're living in Germany? Chances are your zip code also exists in the US
    ;-)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Help translate SlimServer by using the
    SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)