Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21

    KEXP archived audio

    So, I would really love to be able to stream archived audio from KEXP. Specifically John in the morning. I can't stream at work so archives are the only way. But, they have it set up so that when you start one of these archives, it starts up it's own player. Is there a way that I can stream this thru my squeezebox3?

    here is a link to the archive page if it helps:
    http://kexp.org/streamarchive/archive_player.asp

    any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    So, I would really love to be able to stream archived audio from KEXP. Specifically John in the morning. I can't stream at work so archives are the only way. But, they have it set up so that when you start one of these archives, it starts up it's own player. Is there a way that I can stream this thru my squeezebox3?

    here is a link to the archive page if it helps:
    http://kexp.org/streamarchive/archive_player.asp

    any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Well, you can open the player pop-up and get the stream via right-click Properties.

    Such a stream looks like:

    http://kexp.org/newredir/archive.asx...43C277D0EB2058

    which gets translated into:

    mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/kexpspool/200602070600to02071200 1-96k.asf

  3. #3
    Junior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21
    MrC, I love you.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21
    okay, so i tried this and I can't get it to work. The stream appears to be a wma stream. I got it to work in windows media player, but not in winamp. In winamp it says it has an error syncing.

    and i'm not exactly sure what you meant by "translates into". not sure if understanding that would help me or not, but i'm curious.
    thanks.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    okay, so i tried this and I can't get it to work. The stream appears to be a wma stream. I got it to work in windows media player, but not in winamp. In winamp it says it has an error syncing.
    No idea why winamp doesn't work - you'd have to ask in their forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    and i'm not exactly sure what you meant by "translates into". not sure if understanding that would help me or not, but i'm curious.
    thanks.
    I meant that when you add the first link i posted into WMP, you can then do a properties on the URL that is playing. You will see that it is the second link I posted (the mms) that is the actual streaming URL.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by MrC
    No idea why winamp doesn't work - you'd have to ask in their forums.


    I meant that when you add the first link i posted into WMP, you can then do a properties on the URL that is playing. You will see that it is the second link I posted (the mms) that is the actual streaming URL.
    gotcha. thanks. i'll see what I can dig up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •