Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    What's the big deal with Stern, anyway? The few times I heard it, it was the same thing. He'd have some sluts/hookers in the studio and badger them into taking their clothes off, while telling everybody how loyal he is to his wife. Of course, it's radio, so they could have just *pretended* to take their clothes off. I guess I'm not understanding what makes this worth half a billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blue Ego
    What's the big deal with Stern, anyway? The few times I heard it, it was the same thing. He'd have some sluts/hookers in the studio and badger them into taking their clothes off, while telling everybody how loyal he is to his wife. Of course, it's radio, so they could have just *pretended* to take their clothes off. I guess I'm not understanding what makes this worth half a billion dollars.
    I'm with you. I think Stern's program is aimed at 13 year old boys. At least, that's about how old when I was when that sort of stuff seemed funny or interesting. I grew up.

I wish I had figured it out before him. I wouldn't mind having a piece of that $500M.

TD

Good news:
    I threw together a Sirius plugin and have successfully listened to one of the stations.

Bad news:
    For some reason the stream will only play when using SoftSqueeze.

Any ideas? Does Softsqueeze support some WMA stream types that the hardware player doesnt? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong... I'll play with it some more. Hopefully my login wont get blocked due to so many logins......

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubs
    Any ideas? Does Softsqueeze support some WMA stream types that the hardware player doesnt? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong... I'll play with it some more. Hopefully my login wont get blocked due to so many logins......

-Greg
    I know nothing about about it, but AlienBBC uses a player called Mplayer to play (I think) RealPlayer streams. I may be wrong, but I think Slimserver can only play mp3 streams. I'm pretty sure than when you tune into an online station, you have to find an mp3 stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    I know nothing about about it, but AlienBBC uses a player called Mplayer to play (I think) RealPlayer streams. I may be wrong, but I think Slimserver can only play mp3 streams. I'm pretty sure than when you tune into an online station, you have to find an mp3 stream.
    Hey Kyle-
    Thanks for the suggestion. It used to be the case that the hardware only supported MP3 playback, however, not that long ago they added native WMA (Windows Media) support to SB2's and SB3's via a firmware upgrade. With this said, a SB2 or SB3 should be able to play it...

I'll continue to play with it, if I don't have any luck I'll post a message in the developer forum asking for help.

-Greg

Keep at it, Greg. I'm pullin' for ya.

Hey Kyle-
    Thanks for the suggestion. It used to be the case that the hardware only supported MP3 playback, however, not that long ago they added native WMA (Windows Media) support to SB2's and SB3's via a firmware upgrade. With this said, a SB2 or SB3 should be able to play it...

I'll continue to play with it, if I don't have any luck I'll post a message in the developer forum asking for help.

-Greg
    You are the man Greg! Keep it up!

-hal

Sounds like all that's needed is a Stern plug-in.

Good news:
    I threw together a Sirius plugin and have successfully listened to one of the stations.

Bad news:
    For some reason the stream will only play when using SoftSqueeze.

-Greg
    I think you can only login like 10 or so times a day, or they cut you off

WMA Streams for Sirius and Sirius Track Info

Hey Greg:

Great to hear you've got something started on playing Sirius. I think you'll need to pass the WMA streams to AlienBBC in order to play them across all Slim hardware. A forum member named Triode should be able to give you assistance with this.

Also, in order for you to display song information from Sirius, you'll need a real time feed for that. Most folks who have made online players use the following realtime channel/song feed:

http://itson.siriusbackstage.com/

There's a new online player which is a yahoo widget which is very slick, and shows what you can do with the channel/song feed and apply it to slimserver's capabilities. You might want to look at it for ideas...

http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=38478

Really looking forward to helping you test your Sirius plugin. I'm not in my car much and really want to make more use of my lifetime subscription without having to sit in front of my pc!

*Bradley