Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 81 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Yes, the Shahinians are closely related. The Carlsson is designed to stand smack up against the back wall, achieving a 6 db gain in the bass by that placement, thereby using smaller drivers.
    The dispersion of the speaker is tightly regulated, and perfectly setup the sound will bounce off the ceiling also creating an illusion that the back wall is gone. Live music is a real treat on these.
    Anonymous speakers though, some people think they are made to sit on !
    In its latest edition, the 50.4 version, there is a new bass and treble driver available in june. Some people have been lucky and are testing the system now, and reports indicate a vicious upgrade, especially in the very deep bass and an ultra smooth treble.
    I will upgrade when the new drivers come out.
    Its not electrostatic sound, but where I live now I have no space for Aeon I┤s, so, same problem as you.
    Besides, regarding the Bryston, after almost 2 years of ownership I am still in awe of the resolution this amp produces, I will never get over it.
    My guess is people are afraid of buying this amp because it will prevent them from changing, again and again.....
    Squeezebox 3 > Bryston B100-DA SST > Martin Logan Aeon I

Modest set up but sounds good.

I found a packet of sorbothane feet lying around so I've been putting them to use!
    Duet > Beresford TC-7510 MK6/3 > Rega Brio > Rega Jura

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Yes recliners
    I can't imagine those cupholders have never been used whilst partaking in the listening of music ............ <hehe>

BTW, looks awesome, Bill.
    Last edited by Pneumonic; 2008-03-25 at 18:35.
    Main: Acer Aspire One netbook --> Squeezebox Transporter (slave mode) --> Lessloss 2004 mkII Pre/DAC (master mode) --> Sanders Magtech stereo/Innersound ESL800 mono power amps --> Sanders 10c active speakers

something old something new

My Klipsch Cornwalls never sounded so good. T-amp + 100db sensitivity +FLAC + SB = Happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    My Klipsch Cornwalls never sounded so good. T-amp + 100db sensitivity +FLAC + SB = Happiness.
    Not to mention ..... compact. Nice!
    Main: Acer Aspire One netbook --> Squeezebox Transporter (slave mode) --> Lessloss 2004 mkII Pre/DAC (master mode) --> Sanders Magtech stereo/Innersound ESL800 mono power amps --> Sanders 10c active speakers

I'm glad they moved this thread from the audiophile section, so I can post my new kitchen/dining setup. It's definitely not high end, but does great on the WAF. My other half wants the sound to just appear out of the air: no wires, no boxes, no knobs, etc. And the kitchen acoustics are crappy anyway (hardly any wall space that isn't windows or cabinets, plus hard floors, counters, tile, and cabinets all around). So we went for a basic, minimalist system. Even though the living room and basement have much better audio equipment, this system gets the most use.

Server: LinkStation HD-HG250LAN NAS that lives in a utility room in the basement
    SB: Squeezebox 2 (wired), soon to be replaced by a Squeezebox Receiver (it took my wife a little while to grok the new SB Controller, especially with the new firmware updates every day during the beta testing period). The SB and amp are tucked away out of sight on the top shelf of the pantry.
    Amp: AudioSource Amp100. It has auto-sensing inputs, and puts itself to sleep after ~5 minutes without an input signal.
    Speakers: 2 pair of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers. Each pair of Polks is controlled by a separate Russound in-wall volume control. In retrospect, I probably should have gone for 8" speakers because the RC60i doesn't have much low-end. I might change the speakers, or try to work a subwoofer in somehow.

Here are the photos, though they're pretty lousy. That's the SBC just to the right of the microwave. And those other things in the ceiling (besides the fan) are low energy consumption recessed LED lights.
    Last edited by aubuti; 2008-03-29 at 19:36. Reason: correction & additional info

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    That's the SBC just to the left of the microwave.
    Wow, your micro must have the shielding of a nuclear power plant if the SBC doesn't drop connection when it's in the cradle

Actually it's the SBC that has the shielding... no, only kidding. The SBC has been there since early January, and even though I realized the potential for major interference, it hasn't been a problem yet. That has been a pleasant surprise. But I do have an alternative location in mind in case it does start to be a problem.

Smile

I just got my SB3 a few days ago and am loving it!

Here are 2 shots of my system which consists of:

Stock SB3
    Primare I21 Integrated
    JM Lab Focal Chorus 807V
    APC H20 Power Center (Filter/Surge)
    Blue Jeans Cable for the interconnects

I'm very excited that it's finally all setup since I've had to build this system up from my limited budget by buying each piece only when it's a crazy good deal.

Here's my setup

I've been reading the forums for a long time - finally deciding to participate a bit.. Well.. Here's my setup..

Love the new SqueezeCenter - I'm running my modified Xbox (not in picture) with GentooX as the server - with the Perl version of SqueezeCenter 7.0. The files are stored on a Maxtor NAS.

Hoping to add the Squeezebox Duet in the not too distant future..