Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hi Felix!

You are the man. OK, I have to repeat myself, you ARE the man! It works! You are a genious! Thanks a lot for your work! Very much, as you probably have noticed, appretiated!

Best Regards

Oscar

SB3 as an IR repeater

Hi Oscar

You are welcome. Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I am glad to hear it works now as expected.

Cheers
    Felix
    Programming is the art of cleverly arranging bits and bytes. - (c) Felix Mueller

Question about repeater functionality

is there any way to have the repeater functionality work when the server is offline or when connected to the squeezenetwork? I love the functionality but I worry about using it in lieu of a repeater if I cannot get it to work at all times.

George

No, SlimServer needs to be able to process IR commands in order for this to work.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

IR Repeater

thanks Mark, I understand why this needs to be the case to run the blaster functionality, but for the repeater/relay functionality, shouldn't it be available through a firmware upgrade/mod?

See page 2 of this thread as well as:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2743

The issue was raised before, but it was felt that IRBlaster met this requirement. You could request to have the enhancement request re-opened.
    Current: SB2, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Selling: Transporter
    Sold: SB3, Duet

SB3 as an IR repeater

I don't have the authority to reopen the bug. Does anyone else?
    For the purposes of clarification, the reason to do this is so that the IR repeater functionality will work when the device is offline from the slimserver, like when attached to the squeezenetwork.