Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Is slimserver capable of streaming DRM protected files.

Is slimserver capable of streaming DRM protected files?

Is slimserver capable of streaming AAC files? Or should I use LAME to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by b_prem
    Is slimserver capable of streaming DRM protected files?

Is slimserver capable of streaming AAC files? Or should I use LAME to do that?
    I believe that Slim Devices can stream DRM files if they are windows media DRM files and you are running Windows.

Non protected AAC files can be streamed pretty easily on windows, on Linux it requires the installation of some extra software. The server help file has extra info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpage2
    I believe that Slim Devices can stream DRM files if they are windows media DRM files and you are running Windows.
    And I thought the answer to this question was: Squeezebox cannot stream any DRM files, regardless of encoding.

Dean B, this question comes up so often, shouldn't it be a sticky? I recently got the same question from a co-worker since he could not find the info directly on the Slim Devices site.

The other questions which come up about Squeezebox DRM support are "why not" and/or "when". Perhaps you could address these in the sticky as well. I recall a note from Sean some time back about this, but its always hard to find those posts.