Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Fitting SB1 Graphical Display

Got back from my business trip today to find my replacement graphical display waiting for me, but alas no fitting instructions.

I've obviously got to remove the old IR sensor from the SB as the new display has one intergrated, but beyond that I'm clueless. Do I need to solder the existing IR cable to the new display board (there appears to be 3 holes for this just above the sensor) and what do I do with the black cable comming from the display board? I obviously need to plug that into something, but what?

Any help greatly received.

Ignore me (most do) I've just found the instructions. My girlfriend had helpfully unpacked them and tidied them away (read hidden them).

girlfriends can be so helpful sometimes :-)

sounds like you might also need max's plugin :-) - g'friends can often 'helpfully' turn the volume down!

VolumeGuard.pm

Do you ever find you're in the middle of listening to your favourite track when your other half suddenly announces that the volume is far too loud and turns it down for you? If so, this may be the plugin for you! VolumeGuard detects "unauthorised" changes in volume and stealthily restores the original volume. Changes are made in small increments over a period of time, so with any luck they won't notice! Volume changes can be authorised by pressing 0 immediately after changing the volume. Please note: there is currently no way of authorising volume changes via the web interface Ś I'm open to suggestion as to how this could be done. I accept no responsiblity for any undesirable domestic situations that result due to the use of this plugin. :-)

It's not just girlfriends - wives do it too and, on one memorable occasion, the cat as well!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by kefa
    sounds like you might also need max's plugin :-) - g'friends can often 'helpfully' turn the volume down!

VolumeGuard.pm

Do you ever find you're in the middle of listening to your favourite track when your other half suddenly announces that the volume is far too loud and turns it down for you? If so, this may be the plugin for you! VolumeGuard detects "unauthorised" changes in volume and stealthily restores the original volume. Changes are made in small increments over a period of time, so with any luck they won't notice! Volume changes can be authorised by pressing 0 immediately after changing the volume. Please note: there is currently no way of authorising volume changes via the web interface Ś I'm open to suggestion as to how this could be done. I accept no responsiblity for any undesirable domestic situations that result due to the use of this plugin. :-)
    Some people think the title of this song is irrelevant,
    but it's not irrelevant - it's a hippopotamus.

Quote Originally Posted by max.spicer
    wives do it too and, on one memorable occasion, the cat
    What happened? Did the cat step on the remote?