Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Open up SlimServer in new window?

Is there a setting somewhere to get SlimServer to open up in a new browser window, instead of "hijacking" the current browser window?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WeedMonkey
    Is there a setting somewhere to get SlimServer to open up in a new browser window, instead of "hijacking" the current browser window?

Thanks.
    I'm going to assume you're using IE. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and deselect "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts".

Thanks for this thread, this had been annoying me too, although not enough to go looking for the answer. The corresponding setting in Firefox is Tools / Options / Advanced / Tabbed Browsing / Open Links from other Applications in....

Its not entirely without risk, however: I went for "a new tab in the most recent window"... when I first tried it the most recent window happened to be a small pop-up type window with all the controls turned off, so I got a new - and completely unusable - tab in that. Oh well, never mind.

Ceejay

That answers my thread too! Thanks.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18049

A simpler solution is to hold down the SHIFT key, while launching Slimserver.
    Main system: Touch > Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB > Conrad-Johnson CT-5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expression 13A's. Audience AU24e cables. Secondary systems elsewhere in home: 1- Boom, 2- SB3's, and 2- SB Radio's. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society

Thanks, Radish ...

... works like a charm!