Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire. UK
    Posts
    53

    "Search" returns no matches

    13th Aug nightly XP

    - search seems to return no matches for anything..

    also when installing a new nightly the slim service always gets
    re-installed under system without priveledges to access the network
    shares -. have to manually change it to a user account each time. (This
    is even when not installing it using the "launch on start" option)

    K


  2. #2
    Perl Commando Dan Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Daly City, CA
    Posts
    2,865

    "Search" returns no matches

    * Kevin Hawkins shaped the electrons to say...

    >13th Aug nightly XP
    >
    >- search seems to return no matches for anything..


    Kevin - is this via the CLI, remote or web?

    -D
    --
    You know, for kids.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire. UK
    Posts
    53

    Re: "Search" returns no matches

    Dan Sully wrote:

    > * Kevin Hawkins shaped the electrons to say...
    >
    >> 13th Aug nightly XP
    >>
    >> - search seems to return no matches for anything..

    >
    >
    > Kevin - is this via the CLI, remote or web?
    >

    Certainly the CLI and Player interface, will check when when I get a chance.

    K


  4. #4
    NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9,493

    Re: "Search" returns no matches

    On 13-Aug-05, at 4:32 PM, Kevin Hawkins wrote:

    > Dan Sully wrote:
    >
    >> * Kevin Hawkins shaped the electrons to say...
    >>
    >>> 13th Aug nightly XP
    >>>
    >>> - search seems to return no matches for anything..

    >>
    >>
    >> Kevin - is this via the CLI, remote or web?
    >>

    > Certainly the CLI and Player interface, will check when when I get a
    > chance.
    >

    I can confirm that the search for songs in player UI also fails to give
    results. Web appears ok for livesearch and the non-live search.
    Advanced search on title fails to give results.

    -kdf


  5. #5
    Senior Member max.spicer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    York, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,661
    On the contrary, my wife has just complained that her search for songs matching 'mons' (as in "My Beloved Monster") returned over 4000 incorrect hits before she killed it. ;-) Either way, searching does seem to be broken.

    I'm currently running R3962. I've just done a search for songs matching "dream". The server instantly returned 4991 tracks, which is more than the 4525 tracks that Library Information says I have. However, this list also included albums, which might account for the increased figure. :-(

    Max

    Quote Originally Posted by CouchPotatoe
    13th Aug nightly XP

    - search seems to return no matches for anything..

    also when installing a new nightly the slim service always gets
    re-installed under system without priveledges to access the network
    shares -. have to manually change it to a user account each time. (This
    is even when not installing it using the "launch on start" option)

    K
    Some people think the title of this song is irrelevant,
    but it's not irrelevant - it's a hippopotamus.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    422
    Search seems to be completely broken. There are several different problems described in this thread, in this thread and in this bug report.

    In addition there seems to be a further bug when using the simple search in the web interface. When I e.g. input abc in the seach field (without clicking on the search button), after some seconds it shows 1 matching artist "ABC" (which is correct) and 2 matching songs "ABC (Jackson 5)" (which is incorrect since it is only 1 matching song). Matching albums are shown as 0 which is correct.

    When I then click on the search button the matching artist is no longer shown but only an entry saying 2 matching songs "ABC (Jackson 5)" (which is still incorrect).

  7. #7
    Senior Member max.spicer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    York, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,661
    I've just noticed that searching for "rapture" gives no results when done using the web interface, and returns every track when done from the sb2. Thought I'd mention it in case it's any use to anyone.

    Max
    Some people think the title of this song is irrelevant,
    but it's not irrelevant - it's a hippopotamus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •