Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    New skin for use with PDA

    Hi there,

    Because I didn't like handheld-skin very much, I created a new skin for Slimserver. Main feature is that it contains two (horizontally devided) frames. In this way you have a window for the player status and one for browsing.

    Thought maybe other people may like it too...

    BTW: I used a lot of code from other skins, especially the NBMU skin; so a large part of the credits go to them!

    I attached a zip file that you can extract in your slimserver-directory. Feel free to make it better! Any questions can be put on the forum...

  2. #2
    Todd Fields
    Guest

    New skin for use with PDA

    --- Dave <Dave.1sxtwn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

    >
    > Because I didn't like handheld-skin very much, I created a new
    > skin for
    > Slimserver. Main feature is that it contains two (horizontally


    Perfect timing! I just got my Dell Axim and was going to try to
    configure it this weekend with either one of the PDA skins or
    Telcanto.

    Any screenshots?


  3. #3
    Todd Fields
    Guest

    New skin for use with PDA

    --- Dave <Dave.1sxtwn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:


    > http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216|


    Also, I downloaded the Zip file, however, when I tried to use
    WinZip to open I got an error message stating that the file was
    not a valid archive.


  4. #4
    Thanks! That's really good. This is exactly what i am looking for!! The only problem is that when i browse artwork and click on the thunbnail, it enters the screen with the picture and a list of songs underneath. However, the title of the songs align to the right edge of the pictures, making it difficult to see!

    Thanks thanks thanks!!!

  5. #5
    That looks good but it seems to be missing the Radio section (or I'm being thick and missing it). Also, mine seems to default to "Browse Albums" rather than the home page.

    Neil

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ackcheng
    Thanks! That's really good. This is exactly what i am looking for!! The only problem is that when i browse artwork and click on the thunbnail, it enters the screen with the picture and a list of songs underneath. However, the title of the songs align to the right edge of the pictures, making it difficult to see!

    Thanks thanks thanks!!!
    I never use browse artwork myself, so that was not my focus; anyway, I'll look into it for the weekend...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Sleightholm
    That looks good but it seems to be missing the Radio section (or I'm being thick and missing it). Also, mine seems to default to "Browse Albums" rather than the home page.

    Neil
    Radio section, hmmm... (I'll try to give it a shot, but please be patient)

    "Browse Artist" (not albums) is default by design (I like it that way).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Fields
    --- Dave <Dave.1sxtwn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:


    > http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216|


    Also, I downloaded the Zip file, however, when I tried to use
    WinZip to open I got an error message stating that the file was
    not a valid archive.
    When I (and other obviously) downlaod it, it seems valid. Maybe another unzipper does the trick (I use winrar).

  9. #9
    Senior Member Patrick Dixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,805
    I think on another thread, people had problems downloading zip files from this forum using IE - try another browser to download. Firefox is good.

  10. #10
    NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9,493

    Re: New skin for use with PDA

    Quoting Dave <Dave.1sxyb1 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

    >
    > Neil Sleightholm Wrote:
    > > That looks good but it seems to be missing the Radio section (or I'm
    > > being thick and missing it). Also, mine seems to default to "Browse
    > > Albums" rather than the home page.
    > >
    > > Neil

    >
    > Radio section, hmmm... (I'll try to give it a shot, but please be
    > patient)


    add this to home.html:

    [% IF additionalLinks.radio %] <h4>[% "RADIO" | string %]</h4>
    <ul>
    [% FOREACH key = additionalLinks.radio.keys %]
    <li> <a href="[% additionalLinks.radio.$key %]player=[% player | uri %]">[%
    key | string %]</a>
    </li>
    [% END %]
    </ul>
    [% END %]

    -kdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •