Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Troy Anderson
    Guest

    Problem with the CLI

    I have been using the CLI on the 5.x versions for quite sometime. Today
    I upgraded to the latest build on the website (not the nightly)
    (SlimServer Version: 6.1.1 - 3774 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252) and I am
    having new issues with the CLI. Basically, when I issue a query for
    information about the player, I get a repsonse that is not expected.

    Command: playlist index ?
    Response: playlist index %3Fplaylist
    Command: playlist shuffle ?
    Response: playlist shuffle %3Fpower

    Normally the position of the current song would be returned, but instead
    I get this message. This type of message has also been returned for
    "Power ?" "playlist repeat ?" and I think a few others. If I set
    shuffle to "1" for example it will usually clear it up for a while, but
    then will later re-appear again somewhere else. I know that the CLI has
    gone through some updates with 6.x and have read through the new options
    and syntax, but it doesn't appear that these commands have changed.

    Any ideas on this issue or what I may need to do differently?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11

    I have problems with the CLI too ..

    I have exactly the same problem. Slimserver 6.1.1, Squeezebox 1, Windows XP Pro. The CLI polling program that I have used for a year under 5.x breaks now because of random ? responses to valid queries.

    The examples you cite:

    Command: playlist index ?
    Response: playlist index %3Fplaylist
    Command: playlist shuffle ?
    Response: playlist shuffle %3Fpower

    ... are the ones I experience too. This also happens with other commands to retrieve artist, titles, etc. information. I can't even isolate the condition where it happens, but I know it isn't the polling program because I can type a command in manually through a telnet window and get a "Response: playlist index %3Fplaylist" response some of the time, and a valid response other times.

    Someone please help this is driving me crazy!
    Last edited by mdw; 2005-08-18 at 07:56.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    610
    Both,

    I need logs. Enable d_CLI and d_command, run your program, and send us the log. Better yet, create a bug in Bugzilla (bugs.slimdevices.com) and attach log to bug report.

    Would you mind as well sharing the client code with me? That could help.

    Some things have changed between 5.x and 6.x in the low level stuff. This was done to fix other bugs... but apparently it introduces new ones :-(

    This seems Windows or client related, however. Can't replicate that on OS X or Unix.

    Fred

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11
    Done - check bug #2001. I've never entered a bug report before so I don't know how good of a job I did ...

    WRT client code, I'm happy to share with you. I'll email it directly. BTW, I don't think that this is Windows specific because I could recreate it on my Linux server as well.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    610
    All,

    Matt reports in bug #2001 that the latest nightly apparently fixes this problem. I will make sure the changes are in 6.2 as well.

    Troy, if you can test and tell us if it also works for you...

    Fred

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •