Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Folders

Folders

OK I am a beginner but I have been at this 4 weeks now. Just how do you get thisprogram to recopgnise folders. I reset them, rescan them, comeout comein, shake it all about but nothing I do gets slim to recognise new music in the folder, changed tags in the folder even recognise that I have deleted files in the folder. Has anyone else succeeded. 20 years in computers and I have nwver been so flummoxed. Help would be appreciated.

Slim Devices Support Manager kevin's Avatar
    If you use the Wipe Cache button in Server Settings -> Performance, does it pick up the new changes?

Rescanning

Ah yes that has found all the changes plus all the artwork I ahv been adding. I thought rescanning wasmeant to do that though without clearing the cache? Anyway I know what to do in the future - many thanks.

Thumbs up Ah ! Thank You !

I've been having this problem too!

Using the Wipe Cahche has rescanned everything now which has really cheered me up !
    Kevin, Is there something that we are doing wrong then for the 'Rescan' button not to work ? I have tried it from the web interface and also the 'Slim Server' interface directly (pull down menus) but neither would reload newly scanned items ?

Not really an issue now but just interested .......