Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 388 of 389 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389 LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 3889
    Quote Originally Posted by jallison View Post
    OK, dumb question time. I'm a long-time SDT user, but now I suddenly can't figure out how to enable it. I just did an update to both the LMS software (v 7.7.6) and to the Touch software. On the Touch there is now no option for SuperDateTime in the screen saver section. SDT is enabled on the server plugin list and the settings there are as they were prior to the server software update. I just don't know what to do to make it an option on the Touch. What am I missing?

Thanks!

- Jeff
    For starters, what version of SDT shows on your LMS server plugin page?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BoomX2 View Post
    For starters, what version of SDT shows on your LMS server plugin page?
    It's 5.9.56.

- Jeff

It's 5.9.56.

- Jeff
    Version is good.

On the Touch look for SDT under the Extras menu. You should find it there. To show SDT data on screensavers with the Touch or Radio you will need to use the Custom Clock app and Custom Clock Helper plugin.

For players like the Boom, Classic, Transporter you only need SDT and can setup the screensaver preferences under the LMS Player tab.

Settings for weather location etc are set under ther LMS Advanced tab.

Hope this helps you get going again.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomX2 View Post
    Version is good.

On the Touch look for SDT under the Extras menu. You should find it there. To show SDT data on screensavers with the Touch or Radio you will need to use the Custom Clock app and Custom Clock Helper plugin.

For players like the Boom, Classic, Transporter you only need SDT and can setup the screensaver preferences under the LMS Player tab.

Settings for weather location etc are set under ther LMS Advanced tab.

Hope this helps you get going again.

Cool, thanks. I've got all the Custom Clock and weather settings set up from when it was working previous to the updates. I didn't look under "Extras" on the Touch; I'll do that when I'm back home.

Thanks for the help.

- Jeff

Cool, thanks. I've got all the Custom Clock and weather settings set up from when it was working previous to the updates. I didn't look under "Extras" on the Touch; I'll do that when I'm back home.

Thanks for the help.

- Jeff
    Closing the loop on this...I had to do a couple things. First, I had to go the Touch settings to display the "hidden" menu items. That brought up the Extras setting menu that was previously not visible. Then I had to reinstall the Custom Clock applet as it had been torpedoed during the firmware update. After those steps SDT was visible in the screensaver menu.

Thanks for the help!

- Jeff

SDT not compatible with LMS 8?

To all,

I installed the new nightly release of LMS 8 but found that SDT is not supported. SDT is not offered as an option in "Player/Basic Setting" and "Plugins" shows SDT unchecked with a message indicating that the current SDT is not compatible with the new LMS version. Original Date/Time plugin is still working.

Any one else with this problem?

EEYORE

LMS 8 is very very early alpha. Almost every plugin will need updated (If you look around, there are already posts showing you what you need to modify on each plugin to make it work.

I would Stick with 7.9.2.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    LMS 8 is very very early alpha. Almost every plugin will need updated (If you look around, there are already posts showing you what you need to modify on each plugin to make it work.

I would Stick with 7.9.2.
    Paul,

I looked around but did not find anything on SDT. And even then, not being computer savvy, I might not be able to use anything that I might find. I will have to wait for BoomX2 to do his thing on SDT since LMS 8 is working for me even though I am stuck with "Date/Time" on my screen.

And what fun would it be to stick with known working programs ?

Thanks for the reply,

EEYORE

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Paul,

I saw that thread, checked out Putty and WinSCP, but have no idea how to use them. I can build a computer but I have never been good with software; Autocad, Solidworks and various pcb layout programs were difficult enough to learn for my job as a drafter and electro-mechanical designer. And I am in my mid 70s with a failing memory and shaky hands so I even have problems assembling computers now.

Thanks again,

EEYORE