Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Cannot enable Spotty in Nightly 7.9.3

Edit: Please ignore- I figured out a fix. I'll leave this here for others with the same problem.

Check Taskmgr and end spotty.exe first.

----

Original post

No matter how many times I check "enable" next to the Spotify for Squeezebox "Still Spotty" plugin I can't get it to enable. It reboots but never gets enabled. Can't see it in the plugin list.

I have uninstalled LMS entirely (settings and all) and reinstalled. No luck.
    Last edited by FredFredrickson; 2020-01-23 at 20:29.
    1 Touch
    2 Receivers
    1 Controller
    2 Radios

There still was a spotty.exe running, blocking the update?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    There still was a spotty.exe running, blocking the update?
    Yes, I'll give you the steps to replicate:

I saw there was a pending update for spotty. Haven't done one in a while. Checked the box, clicked apply, it said to restart LMS.

Upon LMS coming back up, it was missing from My Apps. I saw it on the available 3rd party apps, but when you check it and apply, it prompts a restart of LMS that doesn't do anything.

I suspect it's because files it's trying to write to are locked / in use if spotty was still running, which it was.

Ending task manually and reinstalling LMS worked, but now that I know that the task was still running I doubt a reinstall was necessary. By the time I realized the problem I had already uninstalled LMS so that's where I was.
    1 Touch
    2 Receivers
    1 Controller
    2 Radios