Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problem with SlimServer_v2005-04-09.exe

I did a wipe cache, and sometime during the rescan, slimserver crashed. I looked in the event log:

Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference at /PerlApp/Slim/DataStores/DBI/ContributorTrack.pm line 54.

Phil

>I did a wipe cache, and sometime during the rescan, slimserver crashed. I looked in the event log:
    >
    >Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference at /PerlApp/Slim/DataStores/DBI/ContributorTrack.pm line 54.
    >

I just tried again. First time, I had 88 albums scanned before the error occured. Second time I had 98 albums scanned before the same error occured.

Is it worth me raising a bug report, or will it just be fixed in tomorrows nightly?

Phil

* Philip Meyer shaped the electrons to say...

>>I did a wipe cache, and sometime during the rescan, slimserver crashed. I looked in the event log:
    >>
    >>Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference at /PerlApp/Slim/DataStores/DBI/ContributorTrack.pm line 54.
    >>

>I just tried again. First time, I had 88 albums scanned before the error occured. Second time I had 98 albums scanned before the same error occured.
    >
    >Is it worth me raising a bug report, or will it just be fixed in tomorrows nightly?

I'll take a look at it.

Do you have ActiveState installed on your machine? If so, that would help with some debugging.

-D
    --
    Ya gotta love UNIX, where else do you wonder whether
    you can kill a zombie spawned by a daemon's fork?

Re: Problem with SlimServer_v2005-04-09.exe

>Do you have ActiveState installed on your machine? If so, that would help with some debugging.
    >

I have ActiveState ActivePerl 5.8 installed.

I have run "perl slimserver.pl". Upon startup I see:

Subroutine new redefined at P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Plugins/RadioIO/Plugin.pm line 198, <DATA> line 1.
    2005-04-09 18:19:41.0584 Could not open M:\Music\SlimServer Music\Playlists\__00_04_20_05_37_3e.m3u for writing.

Could the second error line above be because I usually run SlimServer as a service, and here I am running as a normal user from a console?

When I then wipe cache, I see loads of errors go past. "System cannot find the path specified", and "header not found, ID3 tags corrupt", and "Unable to identify ... as a FLAC bitstream!". I was expecting these last two messages, as one of the shortcuts in my slimserver music folder points at a temporary folder containing partially downloaded legal EasyTree/DIME bit torrents downloads.

I then get the "Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference at P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/ContributorTrack.pm line 54" error, crashing the server.

Could it be related to a "corrupt" tag in a partially downloaded file?

Phil

Re: Problem with SlimServer_v2005-04-09.exe

> I then get the "Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference at
    > P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/ContributorTrack.pm line 54"
    > error, crashing the server.
    >
    > Could it be related to a "corrupt" tag in a partially downloaded file?

Possibly - could you add - before line 54 in that file (above the if (ref $artist..):

use Data:umper;
    print Dumper($artist);
    Slim::Utils::Misc::bt();

It will spew out a whole lot - but I'm only interested in the bit right before it crashes.

Thanks.

-D
    --
    "My pockets hurt." - Homer Simpson

Re: Re: Problem with SlimServer_v2005-04-09.exe

>It will spew out a whole lot - but I'm only interested in the bit right before it crashes.
    >

$VAR1 = {
    'ARTIST' => 'Led Zeppelin'
    };
    2005-04-09 19:03:03.5112 Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim:ataStores:BI::ContributorTrack::add (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 1226)
    frame 1: Slim:ataStores:BI:BIStore::_postCheckAttributes (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 404)
    frame 2: Slim:ataStores:BI:BIStore::newTrack (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 480)
    frame 3: Slim:ataStores:BI:BIStore::updateOrCreate (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/Formats/Parse.pm line 501)
    frame 4: Slim::Formats::Parse::readCUE (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/Formats/Parse.pm line 57)
    frame 5: Slim::Formats::Parse:arseList (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/Utils/Scan.pm line 633)
    frame 6: Slim::Utils::Scan::readList (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/Utils/Scan.pm line 207)
    frame 7: Slim::Utils::Scan::addToList_run (P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/Utils/Scheduler.pm line 95)
    frame 8: Slim::Utils::Scheduler::run_tasks (slimserver.pl line 606)
    frame 9: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 565)
    frame 10: main::main (slimserver.pl line 1141)

Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference at P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Slim/DataStores/DBI/ContributorTrack.pm line 58.

Re: Re: Problem with SlimServer_v2005-04-09.exe

>>It will spew out a whole lot - but I'm only interested in the bit right before it crashes.
    >>

>$VAR1 = {
    > 'ARTIST' => 'Led Zeppelin'
    > };

Interesting..

If you don't mind - in: Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm - around line 1181 in the function:

_postCheckAttributes

add:

print("%s\n", $track->url());

To find the track that is causing this. Could you send that to me then?

Thanks.

-D
    --
    <faisal> my life is collapsing to what will soon be NEGATIVE INTEGER degrees of separation.