Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    I will try to restate my earlier question in a more comprehensible format:

Is it possible that LMS thinks that a filename beginning " TS6-X" refers to disc number X of a multi-disc set?

For that to happen, I think (but have no actual knowledge) that the following would be necessary:

1. In Settings/My Music the "Group Discs" option is set to "Treat multi-disc sets as separate albums,"
    2. The tracks in question do NOT contain a tag for Disc Number, and
    3. In Settings/Advanced/Formatting* the "Guess Tag Formats" templates include at least one that assigns a value to Disc Number.

This is based on an extrapolation from mrw's explanation of how LMS can use filenames to fill in missing tags, a few posts back in this thread. And my speculation is most likely wrong, but I thought it might be worth mentioning, since no other explanation has been found, so far.
    I can check that, but I'm not highly incentivized to do it, having solved my problem. Sometime. I presume that disc number would be set for the tracks in question, which wasn't set as part of the rip, so that would be easy to check. If I still had the files with that naming system, which I don't.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I can check that, but I'm not highly incentivized to do it, having solved my problem. Sometime. I presume that disc number would be set for the tracks in question, which wasn't set as part of the rip, so that would be easy to check. If I still had the files with that naming system, which I don't.

R.
    Certainly, once the problem is solved, there's no point in wasting further time on it! But if you encounter this sort of thing again, it might be worth checking this angle... even though there's a very good chance that my speculation is pure nonsense.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.