Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezebox Won't connect to MySqueezebox.com (a different flavour)

Good evening all.

After many moons away from the forum, I thought that I would catch up and add the Radio Paradise streams to my SB Boom's favourites. A bit of trial and error and world/mellow and rock were added and worked well.

I saw the RP addin (another vote of thanks for that) and after updating LMS (reminding myself what to do where), the RP addin worked well.

However, this morning I awoke and pressed the preset button and nothing happened, all presets were empty. OK, let's connect to squeezebox.com... nope, it won't connect. I checked the network settings trying different dns servers (my sbs server, my router and 8.8.8.8) still won't connect.

OK, let's see if it will connect to LMS on my main PC, yes, it sure does, so the wifi and network settings (excluding testing the gateway and dns settings) are ok and apps on LMS work, but I can't connect to squeezebox.com from the boom (LMS shows it as connected).

Any thoughts as to where to look in the settings for answers please?

This is a unit that has been happily working (and enjoyed) for years so ports on the firewall/router haven't changed as far as I know.

Any thoughts please (as he listens to Radio Paradise in excellent quality) as I do like just punching in the numbered preset button and picking up the favourite station on mysqueezebox.com.

Thanks in advance - Terry

Customary..: 5 x Boom, 1 x Touch, 1 x Transporter

Did you try http://www.mysqueezebox.com rather than squeezebox.com ?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Thanks for the reply.

I just pressed the button on the unit which offers connect to mysqueezebox.com and it says "connecting" and then comes back with the unable to connect.

From what you say, can I alter it so that it is looking for that other address?

Thanks - Terry

No - I wasn't sure how you were trying to connect.
    If you were manually typing in squeezebox.com into a browser then that would have been incorrect.

Try accessing the URL that I gave from your browser - just to make sure that you can reach it from your home network (just in case your ISP or someone else has decided to block it).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I misunderstood Paul.

Yes, I can access the site using Firefox.

In fact it was after thinning some favourites on there (and adding RP streams to favourites) that I started to add a couple of the plugins via LMS rebooted for them to take effect and that is where I lost the favourites on the boom (presumably supplied by connection to the website) and the inability to connect to squeezebox.com.

At the moment I am using the RP addin fine, I am also able to connect to my Roon network (internal network) so the wifi seems fine, BUT, if I go to the radio section on the box display, I can't bring up the stations in the BBC section but they don't connect, but the BBC Sounds app. works.

I am puzzled, it is as if squeezebox.com is rejecting my login for some reason.

Thanks again - Terry

In the LMS servers.log I am seeing:

[22-09-29 13:41:51.0185] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
    [22-09-29 13:42:51.0238] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
    [22-09-29 13:43:51.0122] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
    [22-09-29 13:44:51.0099] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
    [22-09-29 13:45:09.4655] Slim::Plugin::AudioScrobbler::Plugin::_handshakeOK (354) Invalid Last.fm username or password.
    [22-09-29 13:45:19.0251] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found
    [22-09-29 13:45:22.0191] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: 404 Not Found

repeatedly. Does this help in identifying why I can't connect to mysqueezebox from the boom itself?

In LMS under
    Settings/Advanced/Logging
    try setting
    network.squeezenetwork
    to debug and then see if anything new appears in the LMS log when connection attempts are made.
    Paul Webster

Thanks Paul.

Rather a lot of output though (I have to shorten it):

[22-09-29 21:41:15.5611] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::PrefSync::client Event (114) 00:04:20:1f:5f:b2: Got client disconnect event, disabling sync
    [22-09-29 21:41:17.1516] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_done (111) Got list of SN players: (
    [],
    [
    {
    apps => {
    absoluteradio => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/absolute.png",
    title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_ABSOLUTE",
    type => "opml",
    url => "http://www.mysqueezebox.com/static/picks/split/Absolute%20Radio%20UK.opml",
    },
    bbc => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/bbc.png",
    title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_BBC",
    type => "opml",
    url => "/api/bbc/v1/opml",
    },
    lastfm => { home_menu => 0 },
    podcasts => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/podcasts.png",
    title => "PLUGIN_PODCAST",
    type => "opml",
    url => "/public/opml/2dfe52da4ceda0482ff232f41047a40ae3ae7281/podcasts.opml",
    },
    radiofeeds => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/radiofeeds.png",
    title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_RADIOFEEDS",
    type => "opml",
    url => "http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/mypicks/network.opml?username=networker",
    },
    radiotime => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/tuneinradio.png",
    title => "PLUGIN_RADIOTIME_MODULE_NAME",
    type => "opml",
    url => "http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?username=tunein\@g0bix.co.uk&partnerId= 16",
    },
    shoutcast => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/shoutcast.png",
    title => "SHOUTCAST",
    type => "opml",
    url => "/api/shoutcast/v1/opml",
    },
    sounds => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/icon_nature_sounds.png",
    plugin => "Slim::Plugin::Sounds::Plugin",
    title => "PLUGIN_SOUNDS_MODULE_NAME",
    type => "opml",
    url => "/api/sounds/v1/opml",
    },
    wimp => {
    home_menu => 1,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/tidal.png",
    plugin => "Slim::Plugin::WiMP::Plugin",
    title => "PLUGIN_WIMP_MODULE_NAME",
    type => "opml",
    url => "/api/wimp/v1/opml",
    },
    },
    connected => 0,
    id => 1_007_523,
    last_connected => "2021-06-13 15:19:21",
    mac => "00:04:20:1e:7f:0f",
    model => "boom",
    name => "14sp",
    uuid => "c674880230ba45595e5237af583fb429",
    },
    {
    apps => {
    absoluteradio => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/absolute.png",
    title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_ABSOLUTE",
    type => "opml",
    url => "http://www.mysqueezebox.com/static/picks/split/Absolute%20Radio%20UK.opml",
    },
    bbc => {
    home_menu => 0,
    icon => "/static/images/icons/bbc.png",
    title => "RADIO_PROVIDERS_BBC",
    type => "opml",
    url => "/api/bbc/v1/opml",
    }

Squeezebox Won't connect toMySqueezebox.com (a different flavour)

> [22-09-29 21:41:17.1516]
    > Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_done (111) Got list
    > of SN players: (

That means that your LMS connected to MySB successfully and got a bunch
    of information about players, apps, etc. back.

Thanks. The link from the LMS did appear to be ok, it is just the Boom that refuses to connect to mysqueezebox.

I am not sure what I can alter in the boom's software/settings to get it to connect.

Thanks for the plug ins by the way - very useful.

Terry