Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

unknowingly switching to mysb.com

> I recall that there is an option to start LMS with a "--no mysqueezebox"
    > switch. Might that do it?

I doubt it: LMS was off, wasn't it? It then doesn't matter at all how
    you would start it.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I think you'd still have to confirm the switch. Original hardware
    players IMHO do NOT connect to any other server than the latest used
    automatically.
    Michael, thank you. That had never occurred to me. It has happened to 2 friends so I just assumed it is automatic. I have a touch here and will try shutting down LMS while playing (or idle) and see what happens.

What a great solution if there is a prompt

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I recall that there is an option to start LMS with a "--no mysqueezebox"
    > switch. Might that do it?

I doubt it: LMS was off, wasn't it? It then doesn't matter at all how
    you would start it.
    I am not sure of the state LMS/players, but I assume that LMS was running with the touch/radios probably in the stop/soft power off or playing state, when pi LMS was switched off, or lost due to an event.

So, I am not sure of the behavior of LMS dying after initially being initiated with no mysb

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Michael, thank you. That had never occurred to me. It has happened to 2 friends so I just assumed it is automatic. I have a touch here and will try shutting down LMS while playing (or idle) and see what happens.

What a great solution if there is a prompt

Jim
    Thread closing post which I will start with an apology. I should have never posted based on what friends told me ("I didn't do anything") and some old foggy memories, perhaps from a very early version of LMS, or perhaps fabricated in my mind.

I played a touch with a pcp LMS server, stopped LMS, and indeed, from the touch UI, it prompts if you want to switch to mysb.com. Even better, when in favorites, it says "mysb.com favorites". I guess what I defined as "ideal" is actually real . I tried all sorts of ways to get it to auto switch. They must have chosen to go (unknowingly), and not known what to check, and how to get back (My Music)

I'll educate my two friends...again. It was just concerning when the would tell me of the the crippled operation (i.e. on mysb.com), and "it has been this way a long time" and of course "It just happened"

Thanks to those that chimed in and sorry for wasting your time, but, I did learn something, and got my answer.

Jim

I feel your pain Jim. I’ve setup rPi LMS servers and touch players for friends and family. For some, even mentioning the “internet” is too technical. They tell their neighbors that they now have music and far away radio stations “through our cable TV somehow.” <sigh>

Edit: I am very happy to have provided a way for the 90 year old mother of a friend to listen to a local radio station in her hometown in France. I’ve never seen anyone more delighted by internet radio.
    Last edited by garym; 2022-09-28 at 13:12.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.3.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify