Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PCP 8.2.0 on Pi4: very slow access to LMS tab

I have a Pi4 which runs PCP 8.2 64bit as a player/server. The Pi is connected via ethernet to an internal Wifi mesh. For the last couple of days the LMS tab on the PCP web interface is essentially unobtainable (once the header is loaded it then spins for minutes at a time before loading almost each line).

I have swapped the ethernet cable and done a new install on a fresh SD card with no change in speed. All of the other tabs seem to work properly.

Any ideas what could be happening or what logs to check?

I have the same problem but mine is connected via WIFI, if that matters.
    I had the 8.3 version installed and the same happened.
    My library consists of 300000+ tracks and 28000 albums if that matters.

Thank You for Your attention.

SSH into the RPi and take a look at the LMS logs and also use "top" to see if something is using all CPU.
    LMS logs can be seen via /var/log/slimserver/server.log
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Having similar problems. On my PI it takes around 20 seconds to load the LMS tab. Always loads, but always has been very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by cramcram View Post
    Having similar problems. On my PI it takes around 20 seconds to load the LMS tab. Always loads, but always has been very slow.
    Same here, slow to load (10-20 secs) been like this a goodish while now, 12 months? Used to be fairly instant.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers

Just to be 100% clear ... is this discussion about the tab at the very top of the pCP screen that has a tab for each pCP player plus the LMS tab?
    Not the pCP LMS settings page that is underneath the piCorePlayer banner.

If yes (the tab at the top) then do you also find the LMS web interface to be slow to load then you access it via your own new connection in your browser by opening a new tab and requesting the LMS default web interface directly?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Just to be 100% clear ... is this discussion about the tab at the very top of the pCP screen that has a tab for each pCP player plus the LMS tab?
    Not the pCP LMS settings page that is underneath the piCorePlayer banner.

If yes (the tab at the top) then do you also find the LMS web interface to be slow to load then you access it via your own new connection in your browser by opening a new tab and requesting the LMS default web interface directly?
    I don't use the LMS links in the pCP web GUI, for me it's the pCP LMS web page that's slow to load.

Name:  LMS tab.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  25.9 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers

RPi4 with pCP running LMS 8.2.1 (server only) here and LMS page opens immediately.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    RPi4 with pCP running LMS 8.2.1 (server only) here and LMS page opens immediately.
    On mine it does so on a fresh installation before music scanning, but then ...

You could try using the browser developer tools to trace the network activity to see if there is a request that takes a very long time to be responded to etc etc.

On pCP 8 - the script that is being run is
    /var/www/cgi-bin/lms.cgi

It does a bunch of things and then calls pcp_lms_status to see if LMS is running.
    You could put something in there to see if that is taking for ever.
    Otherwise you could put some diagnostics in various places in lms.cgi to see if you can work out where it is spending its time.
    Paul Webster