Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

CSpot versus LMS plugin Spotty

Dear all,

Can someone explain to me the advantages of CSpot over LMS plugin Spotty.
    Both give me the opportunity to use Squeezelite-ESP32 as an Endpoint for Spotify Connect.

Quote Originally Posted by MaickelS View Post
    Can someone explain to me the advantages of CSpot over LMS plugin Spotty.
    Both give me the opportunity to use Squeezelite-ESP32 as an Endpoint for Spotify Connect.
    I assume that the biggest is that you do not need LMS if you want to use Spotify with your ESP32.
    The audience for this is wider than just users of LMS ... or perhaps someone with LMS at home takes their ESP32 with them on holiday and doesn't want to take LMS with them.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

ANNOUNCE: Squeezelite-ESP32version 2.x

> Can someone explain to me the advantages of CSpot over LMS plugin
    > Spotty.

My 2c:

Pro CSpot:
    - hopefully more robust Spotify Connect mode
    - no odd volume sync side effects
    - works without LMS

Pro Spotty:
    - UI on both Spotify app and SB Control points
    - better integration and switching between Spotty streaming modes
    - Library integration with My Music and/or other music services
    - available for any SB player

Paul Webster, mherger,

Thanks' for the reply.
    I thought that Squeezelite on the Muse could not work without LMS, so when I disabled Squeezelite on the Muse and Spotify stopped working I thought what's the use.
    Name:  Disable Squeezelite.PNG
Views: 199
Size:  8.7 KB
    After your replies, I stopped LMS and enabled Squeezelite on the Muse, started my Spotify app and connected to the Muse and Spotify worked. So now it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaickelS View Post
    Paul Webster, mherger,

Thanks' for the reply.
    I thought that Squeezelite on the Muse could not work without LMS, so when I disabled Squeezelite on the Muse and Spotify stopped working I thought what's the use.
    Name:  Disable Squeezelite.PNG
Views: 199
Size:  8.7 KB
    After your replies, I stopped LMS and enabled Squeezelite on the Muse, started my Spotify app and connected to the Muse and Spotify worked. So now it makes sense to me.
    Yes. I added that option a while ago and it seems silly right now. I should probably hide it somehow, as the whole point of this project, as the name implies, is to be a squeezelite player attached to the LMS platform most of the time.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

fw: I2S-4MFlash.16.1223.master-v4.3

I can confirm that with the 1223 from today, all boot stuck issues are gone. What I have seen in the loogs, as soon it's start do discover it needs a bit longer (few sec.) to boot up. So the magic trick in the backround works peartty well. Tested with iA-Thinker ESP32-A1s, Makerfabs MAKT32 & Makerfabs MAKT32CL.
    BTW the OLiMEX ESP32-ADF never had this boot up stuck issue (maybe cause it has already the latest ESP32 WROVER-B GEN 3 chip on it?)

THX so much @sle118, I for my part am very appreciative of that. Now that I can take care of the other things that I have planned. But now comes 1st my family.
    SmarthomeServer:ioBroker(HABPanel>vis)+LMS8.2@Raspi4-4GB-256GB-SSD|NAS4TB@Fritzbox7590+2*AVM1750E(Mesh)
    Control:3*FireHD10@HABPanel
    AV:PhilipsAmbilight+HUE@ATV(ChC&SpC)|NividiaShield(Ch C&SpC)|FireTV4kMax(SpC)@2*Sony
    Teufel7.2@DenonAVR(HEOS)|5*pCP@Raspi3(BeringerUCA2 02|2*PiFiDAC2.0|USBAudio)
    SqueezeliteESP32@3*ESP32-A1S+MUSE-PROTO+3*MAKT32+MAKT32CL+ESP32-ADF+1*ESP-Muse-Mn-Cast

https://SqueezeESP32.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by cOOLio View Post

I can confirm that with the 1223 from today, all boot stuck issues are gone. What I have seen in the loogs, as soon it's start do discover it needs a bit longer (few sec.) to boot up. So the magic trick in the backround works peartty well. Tested with iA-Thinker ESP32-A1s, Makerfabs MAKT32 & Makerfabs MAKT32CL.
    BTW the OLiMEX ESP32-ADF never had this boot up stuck issue (maybe cause it has already the latest ESP32 WROVER-B GEN 3 chip on it?)

THX so much @sle118, I for my part am very appreciative of that. Now that I can take care of the other things that I have planned. But now comes 1st my family.
    Is this gummy bears?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Is this gummy bears?
    Yes, exactly the original HARIBO from Germany. Yumm, yummy. But the 3 colleagues are not here to be eaten. They still have a very important task ahead of them.

Oh, by the way, sorry, I forgot to mention you up there. Of course, our big THANK YOU also belongs to you. At least from the 4 of us here. So from the 3 little colleagues there and myself.

SmarthomeServer:ioBroker(HABPanel>vis)+LMS8.2@Raspi4-4GB-256GB-SSD|NAS4TB@Fritzbox7590+2*AVM1750E(Mesh)
    AV:PhilipsAmbilight+HUE@ATV(ChC&SpC)|NividiaShield(Ch C&SpC)|FireTV4kMax(SpC)@2*Sony
    SqueezeliteESP32@3*ESP32-A1S+MUSE-PROTO+3*MAKT32+MAKT32CL+ESP32-ADF+1*ESP-Muse-Mn-Cast

ESP MUSE Mn Cast has arrived

I'm already quite excited to finally open the box.

Will it come already pre-installed with fw 2.x, or with the more stable 1.x version?
    However, thanks to the OTA function of the firmware, you can easily flash what you want.

I have 2 Issues (bugs?) with the 2.x Version

I have 2 Issues (bugs?) with the 2.x Version

1) When I update to the 2.x Version (2.1223; tried 16 & 32 bit Version), on my squeezeamp, the power switch (2 pins on/off header) does not work anymore:
    The system goes into a reboot loop instead of sleep mode

2) I never got any feedback on this issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    @philippe_44:
    I found an odd conflict between Squeezelite-ESP and Shairplay from piCorePlayer and I think it is caused by Squeezelite-ESP - see my post here:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1061561

In short: When I have 2 devices in my network, 1 (Raspi Zero) running piCorePlayers shairport and 1 ESP running Squeezelite-ESP (FW 2.1223), initially both are seen on my phone. However after about 2 minutes, the Shairport instance of piCorePlayer vanishes on the phones (but is still running according to piCorePlayer Web-Page!). Only the Squeezelite-ESP one remains visible. If I unplug Squeezelite-ESP, the Shairport instance immediately shows up again on our phones!

Is there a way to avoid / fix this?
    P.S. The devices have different names, also in Airplay mode.
    P.P.S. I could also get Airplay functionality through your LMS plugin for both players. However, LMS runs also on the tiny Raspi Zero, and it runs out of steam when I do this....
    Am I the only one having these 2 issues?

Would be great to get some feedback - from other people potentially seeing a similar issue and / or from the gurus as to how to address these.
    LMS 8.x on RasPi4 (running along with OMV and AdGuard)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero