Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7

    Fosi Audio T10; best new Squeeze Player client?

    I just put this awesome little amp on my network, originally to stream Amazon Music content to, and discovered that it advertises itself on the WLAN as an LMS client!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRQ23X9...roduct_details
    Slightly clumsy setup on the WLAN, you need to introduce it to the WLAN via the Legacy Player App
    https://www.appbrain.com/app/legacy-.../com.wifiaudio
    on your mobile device but then you can manage it with the slightly better WiiM Home App
    Just hook it up to your choice of speakers and you are good to go. It sounds GREAT to me!
    Let me know what YOU think.
    Last edited by pprjack; 2022-09-11 at 14:40.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by pprjack View Post
    I just put this awesome little amp on my network, originally to stream Amazon Music content to, and discovered that it advertises itself on the WLAN as an LMS client!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRQ23X9...roduct_details
    Slightly clumsy setup on the WLAN, you need to introduce it to the WLAN via the Legacy Player App
    https://www.appbrain.com/app/legacy-.../com.wifiaudio
    on your mobile device but then you can manage it with the slightly better WiiM Home App
    Just hook it up to your choice of speakers and you are good to go. It sounds GREAT too me!
    Let me know what YOU think.
    Are you using the AirPlay Bridge on LMS? Is that what enables it or are you saying it has an instance of Squeezelite onboard because I canít see that in the specs
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Are you using the AirPlay Bridge on LMS? Is that what enables it or are you saying it has an instance of Squeezelite onboard because I can’t see that in the specs
    No Airplay Bridge, maybe the UPNP/DLNA Bridge could be doing it. Yes, it IS the UPNP/DLNA Bridge.
    All I know is that I can see it from LMS and play to it just like any other client on my network. Most of the OTHER prospective clients I installed UPNP/DLNA Bridge for have been either very disappointing or outright failures.
    Last edited by pprjack; 2022-09-11 at 14:45.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    6,262
    It does support UPnP (DLNA) as well, so that seems the most likely in this case.
    Try to sync with other players ... that is something that does not really work, at least via LMS and plugin - a weakness in UPnP specifications.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It does support UPnP (DLNA) as well, so that seems the most likely in this case.
    Try to sync with other players ... that is something that does not really work, at least via LMS and plugin - a weakness in UPnP specifications.
    Well, I removed UPNP/DLNA to test your theory in a proof but now I have reinstalled it and no can see the player anymore. OH WELL, nice while it lasted.
    I installed the Air Play Bridge and now I can see the Fosi device again FWIW.
    Last edited by pprjack; 2022-09-11 at 16:55.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by pprjack View Post
    Well, I removed UPNP/DLNA to test your theory in a proof but now I have reinstalled it and no can see the player anymore. OH WELL, nice while it lasted.
    I installed the Air Play Bridge and now I can see the Fosi device again FWIW.

    Can you test and tell if sync via the AirPlay Bridge with other devices works without any delay?

    Thanks and kind regards

    Michael

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7
    I have abandoned this hardware as it does NOT provide sufficient volume control for my purposes.
    I am continuing to explore other options.
    It is a pity we cannot just install squeezelite on our mobile devices and stream a Squeezebox feed to our Blutooth players.
    That would be MY preference and provide a VERY large number of delivery options for Squeezebox users.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by pprjack View Post
    ....
    It is a pity we cannot just install squeezelite on our mobile devices and stream a Squeezebox feed to our Blutooth players.
    ....
    Which mobile devices do you have in mind?
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by pprjack View Post
    I have abandoned this hardware as it does NOT provide sufficient volume control for my purposes.
    I am continuing to explore other options.
    It is a pity we cannot just install squeezelite on our mobile devices and stream a Squeezebox feed to our Blutooth players.
    That would be MY preference and provide a VERY large number of delivery options for Squeezebox users.
    On Android there are 2 squeezebox players - SqueezePlayer and SB Player. On iOS you need to install iPeng and then pay for the extra player addon.

    FWIW, I have a BT adapter attached to my Pi4 (via a long USB cable) that I use to connect BT speakers in my shower and garden. I have a python script that detects when a BT device connects to the Pi and starts squeezelite. LMS is then configured to autoplay on these speakers - so I just switch one on, and after few seconds it starts to play. I belive piCorePlayer also has a similar script.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    On Android there are 2 squeezebox players - SqueezePlayer and SB Player. On iOS you need to install iPeng and then pay for the extra player addon.

    FWIW, I have a BT adapter attached to my Pi4 (via a long USB cable) that I use to connect BT speakers in my shower and garden. I have a python script that detects when a BT device connects to the Pi and starts squeezelite. LMS is then configured to autoplay on these speakers - so I just switch one on, and after few seconds it starts to play. I belive piCorePlayer also has a similar script.
    These players all work but the two I have tried also have some compromise attached to them.

    On Android Iíve tried SB Player. Works fine but is limited to 16/48 (in fact I think it resamples 16/44.1 to 16/48) even when used with a DAC thatís capable of higher resolution. My understanding is this is a hardware related issue but as Iím an iOS person I didnít continue further nor did I try Squeezeplayer. Not sure whether SB Player supports crossfade and/or replay gain.

    iPeng with player mode enabled. Works very well up to 24/96 with an external DAC thatís capable of that resolution or higher. Can be initiated as a player through the iPeng app but then controlled by Material on the same iOS device but itís compromise is that it wonít do any kind of crossfade although replay gain is supported.

    Both work feeding a set of Bluetooth headphones / speakers where the HiRes compromise is of course completely irrelevant.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •