Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Ratings mystery

Ratings mystery

Hi,

I'm still new to LMS/Slimserver and experience a behaviour, I cannot explain based on my current knowledge.

I use the Ratings Light plugin which uses the rating scale 0-100. So far, so good. I can rate the tracks in the web UI and the ratings are written to the tracks_persistent table.
    However when I rescan the library, *some* of the ratings are set back to a rating scale 0-5.
    I can fix this by running the SQL statement
    update tracks_persistent
    set rating=rating*20
    where rating<10

but that's only a work around. I don't understand why the rating of the tracks is changed. I confirmed that the tags of these files don't contain a rating (at least I can't see a rating tag in MP3Tag or Picard or the ExFalso tool operon).
    Is there another place where a track rating might be stored or does LMS "normalises" the ratings to the 0-5 scale when rescanning changed tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by allwi View Post
    Hi,

I'm still new to LMS/Slimserver and experience a behaviour, I cannot explain based on my current knowledge.
    i'm not new to LMS and i didn't get it either :-) I've just removed Trackstat after several years using it and even manually changed the code to get more out of it. I just had to move on in life......

...but ryyatings light isn't doing what I WANT! :-)

I want to rate the tracks within material skin, bottom right "star ratings"
    I want to get a list of those ratings, i'm even satisfied with "show 5 star" (highest within my settings) only.....tracks
    I want to play those tracks in a row and add "all" to the playing area....

i'm failing constantly, i'm old....