Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Question about Logitech background serices

I've been meaning to ask this for some time, so here goes.

Using Squeezebox Touch. On the LMS control panel this text appears:

"You don't have privileges to install or start/stop the Logitech Media Server background service. Please start the control panel from the Windows Start Menu, via the right click context menu, and click "Run as Administrator""

A. what is the LMS background service
    B. When I do as instructed the option to run as administrator does not appear in the context menu
    C. Should I be worried?

Thank you!

A. - that is LMS itself ... if your players are working and this is the only LMS that you have then ... all is well
    B. - probably does not matter. I think it just means that you will not be able to stop/start LMS from the control application
    C. - no - it is resolvable but not important
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

If the message bothers you, go to "LMS Control Panel" in your Start menu, right-click, select "Properties" and enable run as Supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    A. - that is LMS itself ... if your players are working and this is the only LMS that you have then ... all is well
    B. - probably does not matter. I think it just means that you will not be able to stop/start LMS from the control application
    C. - no - it is resolvable but not important
    Very many thanks for the reply, which I just noticed.

Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    If the message bothers you, go to "LMS Control Panel" in your Start menu, right-click, select "Properties" and enable run as Supervisor.
    many thanks.