Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boom display dead?

This morning I noticed that the display was off. I checked the setup but there seems to be everything OK.
    The display feels warm. I could not compare it with the time everything was OK.

Anyone ideas? Or is it time to say goodbye to my loved product?

Wilco
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Logitech Media Server Versie: 8.3.0 - 1663737210 @ Wed Sep 21 07:16:54 WEDT 2022
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 NL
    Plug-ins: Spotty v4.8.3 (M. Herger)
    3x Squeezebox Classic, 1x Touch, 1x Boom
    Spotify Premium Account (NL)

Just a few thoughts, things to try/play with....

Can you control your boom from another interface - LMS UI, Material, another player, etc? Does it play, etc?

Have you replaced/swapped the power supply?

I know this sounds weird, but I remember reading of a couple forum members unplugging it and leaving it unplugged (say a day). Not sure theirs was display only related.

Was the display starting to fail prior to it going dark? - lines, segments faded or missing....

Finally, @joemuc2009 (located in Germany) has done allot of work on these, has provided repair services, and had (and may still have) parts. You could PM him

Jim
    Last edited by Redrum; 2022-08-13 at 03:12. Reason: corrected Joemuc2009 removed the "h"

Thanks for your reply. I noticed that the display suddenly did it again but not for long. Maybe it has something te do with the high temperature at the moment.
    I think I will see what happens in a longer time.
    I will certainly try your advices.

Thanks so far.

Wilco
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Logitech Media Server Versie: 8.3.0 - 1663737210 @ Wed Sep 21 07:16:54 WEDT 2022

sure thing, happy to suggest

Note that I spelled joe's user name wrong, it's JoeMuc2009. Here is his thread on the boom display. It might give you some insight. You could also PM him.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ght=joemuc2009

Jim

I follow it a few days and concluded that the display works randomly. Sometimes for hours it looks Ok and then it went off when the system is in standbye mode (the clock should be seen). When I play a song then in the beginning no display but after a few minutes it appear again. But this is not consequent.
    So maybe there is a contact that is dysfunctional.

Wilco

I don't have a boom handy at the moment, but have you tried a few of the display settings? Settings->display->brightness. The boom has (I think by default) an automatic brightness control based on ambient light. Perhaps that is misbehaving. Try setting a set brightness and see if the behavior is different

Also, if you are using LMS, using the LMS UI, settings->player-><choose your boom - pulldown>->Display (pulldown).

Jim

Tnx for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

I think that did the trick. I changed some settings of the automation of the brightness and it seems that I have my display back.
    Thanks again for your suggestion.

With regards,

Wilco

Excellent!

Jim

Unfortunately I cheered too early.
    The display is off again.