Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Plugin SQLiteVirtualLibraries

Hi AF1,

after conquering the definition of dynamic playlists, I started playing with the Virtual Libraries plugin

So far, everything is fine and I didn't observe any issues. However when I looked into the server logs for a different issue (crashing of LMS), I saw the warning:

Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [09:55:13.4931] Argument "21,474" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SQLiteVirtualLibraries/Plugin.pm line 293.

Any ideas what caused this and if this is of any concern?

Many thanks again for all you work on the different plugins!

Good catch. Formatted sth too soon that I needed later without formatting. That's why you got this message. Should be fixed in 0.3.5 (available later today). Thanks for reporting it.

Plugin SQLiteVirtualLibraries

Any reason why the definition files have the .xml extension, when in
    fact they're not XML at all? That's slightly confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Any reason why the definition files have the .xml extension, when in
    fact they're not XML at all? That's slightly confusing...
    You're not wrong. I think the extension name was a legacy from the SQLPlayList plugin that exported its 'customized' SQLite definitions to files with this extension. I kept it to make switching to the Dynamic Playlists 3 plugin easier. User can just copy this exported file over to a DPL3 folder where it will be picked up. And after that I haven't really given it much thought. While I haven't had any complaints about the extension naming from users until now, I've changed the default extension to sql but sql.xml files will still be picked up to avoid unnessary trouble for users how have already created their own custom definition files with this extension (in DPL3 or this plugin). Thanks for reminding me.