• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gilbreen
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by mherger
    Is this issue still ongoing on uesmartradio.com? Pandora confirmed that
    they updated their system on August 9.
    It is still happening on my radio with the UE firmware (10.0.1.r6964). The full message states "Unable to retrieve next track, press PLAY to try again. Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?). However, when I press PLAY to try again, the same message appears.

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

Pandora not working - Client restricteddue to licensing restrictions

> It is still happening on my radio with the UE firmware (10.0.1.r6964).
      > The full message states "Unable to retrieve next track, press PLAY to
      > try again. Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not
      > in the US?). However, when I press PLAY to try again, the same message
      > appears.

That's odd... I did indeed see API errors in the log files. So I decided
      to add better logging to get more information about the failure. But no
      API is logged any more... did everybody give up using Pandora, or did it
      start to work now?
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• gilbreen
        • Nov 2012

start to work now?
        I have two radios. I reinstalled the Squeezebox firmware on my main radio so I could listen to Pandora but I still have the UE Smart Radio firmware on the other radio. I just tried playing Pandora on the second radio and got the error to hopefully provide logs. I did it at approximately 10:44 PM Pacific Standard Time. I tried loading three different Pandora stations each a few times.

Let me know if you need me to do anything else.

Comment

• P Nelson
          • Nov 2012

> It is still happening on my radio with the UE firmware (10.0.1.r6964).
          > The full message states "Unable to retrieve next track, press PLAY to
          > try again. Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not
          > in the US?). However, when I press PLAY to try again, the same message
          > appears.

start to work now?
          As I type this, I am streaming a Pandora station from a SB Radio, using the current SB Community firmware, with MySB.com as the server.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Comment

• slartibartfast
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by P Nelson
            As I type this, I am streaming a Pandora station from a SB Radio, using the current SB Community firmware, with MySB.com as the server.

I hope this helps.

Paul
            The issue is with UE Smart Radio not Squeezebox.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
            Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
            Bedroom: Radio
            Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

Oh, hold on: can you confirm you can navigate the Pandora menus, but the
              actual playback would fail (only)?

While I still didn't see the new log content I added, I see a lot of
              errors related to the audio URL resolution. And those take a slightly
              different route in the code.
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• mherger
                Babelfish's Best Boy
                • Apr 2005

....and I found another (potential) issue. Could you please try again?

This still is UE SmartRadio only - though the above issue would need to
                be fixed for Squeezebox, too.
                Michael

Comment

• gilbreen
                  • Nov 2012

I installed the UE SmartRadio firmware back on my main radio and Pandora is again working! You were correct that prior to the issue being resolved, I was able to scroll through the Pandora stations without issue. The issue only happened once I tried to select a station to play.

Separately, what is the recommended firmware to use? Is there a greater benefit to use the Squeezebox firmware over the UE SmartRadio firmware? Perhaps it is only personal preference. I only use the radios to stream internet radio and not to stream from a local library. Any insight is appreciated.

Comment

• mherger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

> I installed the UE SmartRadio firmware back on my main radio and Pandora
                    > is again working!

Great! Thanks for the confirmation!

> Separately, what is the recommended firmware to use? Is there a greater
                    > benefit to use the Squeezebox firmware over the UE SmartRadio firmware?
                    > Perhaps it is only personal preference. I only use the radios to stream
                    > internet radio and not to stream from a local library. Any insight is
                    > appreciated.

As you said: this is mostly a personal preference. I'd prefer the
                    Squeezebox firmware. It gets more attention, thanks to a larger user base.
                    Michael

Comment

• gilbreen
                      • Nov 2012

Sorry to be the bearer of the news, but the issue has returned with Pandora and the UE SmartRadio firmware. In addition, I tested and found that I cannot access the "Your Stations" section of the Pandora app. It results in the same message bout "Client restricted due to licensing..." that appears when trying to load a station that is saved as a Favorite.

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

> Sorry to be the bearer of the news, but the issue has returned with
                        > Pandora and the UE SmartRadio firmware. In addition, I tested and found
                        > that I cannot access the "Your Stations" section of the Pandora app. It
                        > results in the same message bout "Client restricted due to
                        > licensing..." that appears when trying to load a station that is saved
                        > as a Favorite.

Ok, new challenges ahead: we had to replace our hardware yesterday. This
                        might have introduced new IP addresses which we'll have to ask Pandora
                        to put on their allow list. But once that's done, we're hopefully good
                        for another while. Thanks for the feedback!
                        Michael

Comment

• gilbreen
                          • Nov 2012

> Sorry to be the bearer of the news, but the issue has returned with

One more thing: you might want to power cycle the unit. As we restored
                          the US datacenter devices are only slowly connecting back there. Some
                          seem to be in an odd state where one connection would go to EU, the
                          other to the US... a reboot should fix that.
                          Happy to report that Pandora is streaming again on the UE SmartRadio firmware. It was working prior to a reboot, but I went ahead and rebooted for good measure.

I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...