Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: On what player types does the alarm fail for you?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squeezebox Radio (official firmware 7.x)

3 15.00%
  • Squeezebox Radio (community firmware 8.x)

12 60.00%
  • Squeezebox Touch (official firmware 7.x)

0 0%
  • Squeezebox Touch (community firmware 8.x)

0 0%
  • SB Classic/Boom/Receiver/Transporter

3 15.00%
  • Other (eg. Raspberry Pi based)

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Alarm not working with 8.3?

Hehe... I should never have started this thread :-).

> After restarting the virtual machine (Ubuntu 18.04) on which LMS is
    > running, I can't seem to reproduce the issue anymore. I assume that you
    > guys have already tried restarting and it didn't go away? So I expect
    > the issue to return... We'll see.

Similar experience here: I posted here because I experienced exactly
    what you describe. The track would seemingly be started, but actual
    playback wouldn't happen.

And then I had to indeed restart my LMS system, too - and haven't had a
    single failure since (which is a week).

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

> After restarting the virtual machine (Ubuntu 18.04) on which LMS is
    > running, I can't seem to reproduce the issue anymore. I assume that you
    > guys have already tried restarting and it didn't go away? So I expect
    > the issue to return... We'll see.

Similar experience here: I posted here because I experienced exactly
    what you describe. The track would seemingly be started, but actual
    playback wouldn't happen.

And then I had to indeed restart my LMS system, too - and haven't had a
    single failure since (which is a week).
    Ahhhh... I was just going to report no failures in the last 4 days of testing, but I also restarted my 8.3 server after updating the plugins on the morning of the 11th.

Just as another reference point, I'll leave that SB Radio on my 8.3 setup with 2 alarms a day configured, see if the issue comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by chaug View Post
    One thing I can say from the logs of the successful tries is that when I stop the alarm manually (on the web-ui), then it says `Slim::Utils::Alarm::_alarmEnd (1970) _alarmEnd called with request: pause` instead of `stop` at the end.
    I see this as well, I thought it might be because my players are set to pause at power off in player audio settings

Kev

[color=blue]
    Oh no, it was good you did. It's important to have this place where people find that they have the same problem.

And unless we find what caused this strange issue, we have to expect it to reoccur...

Not sure whether I prefer it to reoccur (because then we can figure it out) or it to be a once in a lifetime failure (in which case we'll never know for sure)... Luckily my preference doesn't matter at all.
    Server: LMS 8.2 on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine
    Players: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), 2 Booms, Google Nest Hub (via chromecast plugin)
    Remote control apps: Material Skin (Web UI), but also SqueezePad (iOS), Squeezecontroller (Android)
    Important plugins: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music, Custom Browse, Multi Library

starting and restarting the dockerized LMS does not solve the problem.
    The windows install works without a hitch.
    Very strange..
    Are there ports involved with the alamr? Maybe thats something to test in dockerized apps.

So what kindof stuff can fix itself by rebooting on "normal" machines but not in docker containers?

I have no idea but my first guess would be that it has something to do with environment variables (in docker). Like the timezone or something, which might be set statically in a container or "mirrored" into the container from the host. If the timezone becomes corrupted on the host, the container also gets it wrong and restarting the container should not change that.

Have you tried restating the whole machine?
    Server: LMS 8.2 on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine
    Players: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), 2 Booms, Google Nest Hub (via chromecast plugin)
    Remote control apps: Material Skin (Web UI), but also SqueezePad (iOS), Squeezecontroller (Android)
    Important plugins: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music, Custom Browse, Multi Library

Yes, tried all kind of things.. docker container as host ( same ipnumber and all ports ( as far as i know) and as bridged network.
    Tried older Logitech versions in docker ( the advantage to run several LMS sessions with a simple restart)

None of them seems to safely run the alarm.

Interesting.. when i set an alarm under the windows version and switch of the server the radio just uses its standard musictune but still works.
    If i do the same under linux the radio does not start the alarm on the set time.
    I can see the alamrs in the interface of the radios though, they are there but do not work.. very strange.

I see differences in Perl versions between windows and Linux ( see posting above with details)
    So it seems Windows version is working better then the Linux version.. what can be the main cause of this?

Unfortunately I've also experienced a failed alarm this morning - running 8.3.0 - 1661147463 on a pi4. The stream didn't start as fas as I could see.
    Also, 2 days ago - did modify some alarms (did set up 4 different for the same radio) directly from the server interface but player didn't get updated. Had to restart the Radio.
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS Version: 8.3.1 - 1668787267 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    Unfortunately I've also experienced a failed alarm this morning - running 8.3.0 - 1661147463 on a pi4. The stream didn't start as fas as I could see.
    Also, 2 days ago - did modify some alarms (did set up 4 different for the same radio) directly from the server interface but player didn't get updated. Had to restart the Radio.
    Again today, no alarm on 1 radio out of 3. And no fallback. Will restart my set up. If still an issue by end of week, will revert back to 8.2
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS Version: 8.3.1 - 1668787267 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

Alarm not working with 8.3?

> Again today, no alarm on 1 radio out of 3. And no fallback. Will restart
    > my set up. If still an issue by end of week, will revert back to 8.2

When I started this thread I was definitely seeing an issue. I then did
    as you suggest: restart the LMS machine. And I haven't had a hiccup since...

> Again today, no alarm on 1 radio out of 3. And no fallback. Will restart
    > my set up. If still an issue by end of week, will revert back to 8.2

When I started this thread I was definitely seeing an issue. I then did
    as you suggest: restart the LMS machine. And I haven't had a hiccup since...
    Had again an issue this morning, I could hear the radio popping, but no stream and nothing displayed on screen. Yesterday I did restart the machine, but I changed an alarm setting later in the day and didn't restart after.

Have just restarted now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning :-).