Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

View Poll Results: On what player types does the alarm fail for you?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squeezebox Radio (official firmware 7.x)

3 15.00%
  • Squeezebox Radio (community firmware 8.x)

12 60.00%
  • Squeezebox Touch (official firmware 7.x)

0 0%
  • Squeezebox Touch (community firmware 8.x)

0 0%
  • SB Classic/Boom/Receiver/Transporter

3 15.00%
  • Other (eg. Raspberry Pi based)

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I tried two more times with the speaker "on" and "off" and it worked both times.
    Maybe try restarting the Chromecast Bridge.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I found the problem and a temporary solution. I remembered that earlier this week I had changed the LMS Network Streaming Mode for HTTP(S) in Advanced Settings from "Persistent" to "Cache on disk", which fixed a problem with the first track repeating infinitely when transferring a Qobuz queue from one player to another. So, on a hunch, I changed it back to Persistent and now the alarm works perfectly, just as before. Be aware that an LMS restart is required after changing the Streaming Mode. So it appears that, in the short term, I have to choose which problem I can live with. I think that, for now at least, getting out of bed in the morning is more important. In the meantime, I will do one more test with the "Normal Streaming" mode and see what happens there.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    I found the problem and a temporary solution. I remembered that earlier this week I had changed the LMS Network Streaming Mode for HTTP(S) in Advanced Settings from "Persistent" to "Cache on disk", which fixed a problem with the first track repeating infinitely when transferring a Qobuz queue from one player to another. So, on a hunch, I changed it back to Persistent and now the alarm works perfectly, just as before. Be aware that an LMS restart is required after changing the Streaming Mode. So it appears that, in the short term, I have to choose which problem I can live with. I think that, for now at least, getting out of bed in the morning is more important. In the meantime, I will do one more test with the "Normal Streaming" mode and see what happens there.
    Mine is set to "persistent"

Mine is set to "persistent"

Then you should be fine as long as you don't plan on transferring queues containing Qobuz playlists.

**** And, to top it all off, I just changed the Network Streaming mode to "Normal streaming" and both of my problems are fixed --- Chromecast Bridge alarms work AND Qobuz playlists can be transferred without the first track repeating infinitely. WIN/WIN!!!!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. My Nest Mini just dropped its connection in the middle of a song and playback stopped. "Persistent" mode would have prevented that. At least that takes care of 2 out of 3 problems. I guess we need a "Persistent with caching" option. ;-)
    Last edited by SamY; 2022-10-06 at 13:04.
    Sam

Then you should be fine as long as you don't plan on transferring queues containing Qobuz playlists.

**** And, to top it all off, I just changed the Network Streaming mode to "Normal streaming" and both of my problems are fixed --- Chromecast Bridge alarms work AND Qobuz playlists can be transferred without the first track repeating infinitely. WIN/WIN!!!!
    That's fine until you play a podcast that doesn't play to the end unless "persistent" is used
    In my case I don't use Qobuz and I have never tried transferring a queue of Tidal tracks.

That's fine until you play a podcast that doesn't play to the end unless "persistent" is used
    In my case I don't use Qobuz and I have never tried transferring a queue of Tidal tracks.

Yep. See the edit on my previous post. It's back to "Persistent" for me.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde_TDS View Post
    This last week we've had issues getting our morning alarm to sound.

A couple of times it has shown the backup alarm but no actual sound.

Now I've watched my sq box classic the alarm fires, but immediately gets shut down.

All the alarms are set to use random song mix from my server. If I switch to now playing, the classic works just fine.

Hope someone can fix this please. 🙏
    If I then manually switch the classic on it plays tracks from my random song mix but doesn't switch off when the alarm elapsed time is reached. So it definitely doesn't know the alarm should be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde_TDS View Post
    If I then manually switch the classic on it plays tracks from my random song mix but doesn't switch off when the alarm elapsed time is reached. So it definitely doesn't know the alarm should be playing.
    Did you try restarting LMS?

Yep. See the edit on my previous post. It's back to "Persistent" for me.
    So the good new is that the alarm on my Chromecast bridge player (Google Nest Mini) went off this morning after changing the Network Streaming mode back to "Persistent". The bad news is that it didn't shut off after the 60 minute timeout value set in the prefs. This is starting to feel like a game of Whack-A-Mole.
    Sam

Just a quick update: The alarm on my Chromecast bridge player failed to go off this morning even with Network Streaming mode set to "Persistent", so it's starting to look more like a CC Bridge problem. In any case, I certainly can't rely on LMS alarms to wake me up any more. It's a good thing I'm retired, for that reason and countless others.
    Sam

Did you try restarting LMS?

Tried your advice. Got the backup alarm only. 😭