Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS and Synology on Squeezebox touch

My Sgueezebox is collecting dust, tried to load LMS on my Synology NAS, but does not run. Anyone out there that could give me some guidance on how to get this working?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by psionguy View Post
    My Sgueezebox is collecting dust, tried to load LMS on my Synology NAS, but does not run. Anyone out there that could give me some guidance on how to get this working?

LMS no longer runs on Synology NAS. See this thread. Typical advise is to acqure an rPi3B+ or rPi4B and install piCorePlayer (which will include LMS). Then you can point LMS at your music files which can stay on your NAS.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...t=synology+nas
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

If your Synology NAS supports docker you can install LMS in docker. Whats your syno model?
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

I literally registered for this forum to type this answer.

Alrigh here's what you do to install it in 2022

Forst install an old version of perl. This is the last version supported.

Https://archive.synology.com/downloa...rl/5.24.0-0074

Then
    ..... you guessed it.

Https://archive.synology.com/downloa...nter/7.7.6-116

Install the last squeeze center.

Note, this ONLY works with dsm 6. You obviously have to download the package that ia built for your processor architecture.

If you upgraded to DSM 7, don't belive their lies. You CAN roll back, it's just tedius as all hell. Take a look at this link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synology/co...gy_dsm_7_to_6/

There's no reason why it shouldn't work with newer perl. You can use CPAN to install practically every required module except Media::Scan which has a dependency on an antique version of ffmpeg that needs to be statically linked in the .so but this is only required/used if you enable the DLNA server plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    LMS no longer runs on Synology NAS. See this thread. Typical advise is to acqure an rPi3B+ or rPi4B and install piCorePlayer (which will include LMS). Then you can point LMS at your music files which can stay on your NAS.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...t=synology+nas
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/
    Many thanks for your reply, looks rather a complicated process to get it working again.

Many thanks for your reply, looks rather a complicated process to get it working again.
    Which is why many simply run LMS on an rPi instead. Installing LMS on an rPi with PiCorePlayer is dead simple. If you can copy one file to an SD card, stick it in an rPi, and follow a few specific instructions, you'll be up and running in less than 1/2 hour.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Which is why many simply run LMS on an rPi instead. Installing LMS on an rPi with PiCorePlayer is dead simple. If you can copy one file to an SD card, stick it in an rPi, and follow a few specific instructions, you'll be up and running in less than 1/2 hour.
    agree, but the first step is difficult - finding a pi to buy!

Jim

Again, if OPs NAS supports docker there is no need for raspberry pi... And its also fairly simple to set up

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    Again, if OPs NAS supports docker there is no need for raspberry pi... And its also fairly simple to set up
    Yeah. Especially with the current global discussion it seems pretty wrong to suggest acquiring an extra energy consumer to avoid a little effort.