Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

All songs of album artist?

Hi, I'm still finding my way around the web interface (Material skin) of slim server.

I usually use the Album Artist menu which shows all the albums (and songs without an album) of the artist but is there also an option to show all songs of the artist - independent of the album they are on? Sometimes I don't remember on which album I find a song and it's quite cumbersome to go through all the album until you find it OR I want to add the highest rated tracks of one artist to the playlist and again it's quite cumbersome to click through all the albums.

Is there another way, I haven't found yet?

Quote Originally Posted by allwi View Post
    Hi, I'm still finding my way around the web interface (Material skin) of slim server.

I usually use the Album Artist menu which shows all the albums (and songs without an album) of the artist but is there also an option to show all songs of the artist - independent of the album they are on? Sometimes I don't remember on which album I find a song and it's quite cumbersome to go through all the album until you find it OR I want to add the highest rated tracks of one artist to the playlist and again it's quite cumbersome to click through all the albums.

I see tracks from compilation albums under an Artist. What are your behaviour settings?
    Edit. If you actually want to see a list of songs under an Artist then that isn't possible but you can use "search" to find a particular song.
    Name:  Screenshot_20220716-120433.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  37.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20220716-120803.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  39.9 KB

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2022-07-16 at 04:11.

Quote Originally Posted by allwi View Post

When Material is showing album's by an artist, in the subtoolbar should be an icon that looks like "(...)" - clicking on this will show a men u with an "All songs" entry. This will then list all songs by that artist.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    When Material is showing album's by an artist, in the subtoolbar should be an icon that looks like "(...)" - clicking on this will show a men u with an "All songs" entry. This will then list all songs by that artist.
    How long has that been there? I never think of clicking that icon

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I see tracks from compilation albums under an Artist. What are your behaviour settings?
    Edit. If you actually want to see a list of songs under an Artist then that isn't possible but you can use "search" to find a particular song.
    Name:  Screenshot_20220716-120433.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  37.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20220716-120803.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  39.9 KB

Thanks slartibartfast, yes I'm also seeing the compilation albums on which are tracks by that artist but I was after ...

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Cool, that's exactly what I was searching for
    It's amazing how blind you can be I click on that overflow icon frequently but never saw the entry "All songs"