Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Open url in default skin's leftcontent frame?

Hi.

Example url (Javascript):
    Code:
    webroot + 'clixmlbrowser/clicmd=browselibrary+items&mode=albums&linktitle=Artist%20(ArtistName)&artist_id=1234&player=' + player + '/index.html';
    If you call the url with JS window.open (from the plugin page) or just past it into the browser url bar, you get the content but without the leftcontent/rightcontent frames or any of the frames higher up in the hierarchy. So no player in the rightcontent frame, no player selection etc.

Is it possible to open a browse url in the leftcontent frame of the LMS default skin and not lose all the usual (wrapping) frames?
    I know you can usually target specific frames (with target). But the url call comes from a LMS plugin website outside the default skin's frame set. I have no experience with SqueezeJS. So if that's part of a solution, I'd appreciate a hint.

Thank you.
    Last edited by AF1; 2022-07-07 at 02:05.

Open url in default skin's leftcontent frame?

I think it should be possible by passing the above URL appended to the
    main index.html/ (with the slash as a separator). I'm still traveling
    without code, so can't verify. But maybe you can play with this. See
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...e202ba82f271a2
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    main index.html/ (with the slash as a separator).
    Thank you! Inserting index.html/ after webroot works - on Firefox, Chrome and Edge. But not in Safari. The Safari browser console shows no errors.
    The link opens what seems to be the home/player main page in Safari. But clickling any link in the left pane opens another leftcontent frame inside the existing one (only left pane). Like a Russian doll.

If nothing else works, I'll probably have to single out Safari with Ext.isSafari and open the page without the wrapping frames across the entire page width (as it does now). Not a nice look but still better than no action or errors.
    Used to be IE that complicated things, now it's Safari.
    Last edited by AF1; 2022-08-02 at 06:40.

main index.html/ (with the slash as a separator).
    Try to open a url similar to the one below in Safari:
    Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:9000/index.html/clixmlbrowser/clicmd=browselibrary+items&mode=albums&linktitle=Artist%20(ARTISTNAME)&artist_id=1802&player=00%3A0A%3A1B%3A2C%3A4D%3A5E/index.html
    Doesn't the open the page it's supposed to. Then try clicking some home menu item (artists, albums...) on that page. It will open another copy of the entire home page inside the leftcontent pane.
    If you have any ideas on how to make this work, please let me know. Thanks.

Could you please apply the following simple patch, restart LMS, wipe browser caches, then try again?

Code:
    diff --git a/HTML/Default/index.html b/HTML/Default/index.html
    index bd0607891..da9fc54af 100644
    --- a/HTML/Default/index.html
    +++ b/HTML/Default/index.html
    @@ -111,6 +111,8 @@

if (frames.browser.location)
                                            frames.browser.location.href = navigationUrl;
    +                               else if (document.browser.location)
    +                                       document.browser.location.href = navigationUrl;

if (Ext.ux.Lightbox) {
                                            Ext.ux.Lightbox.labelOf = '[% "OF" | string %]';
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Could you please apply the following simple patch, restart LMS, wipe browser caches, then try again?
    This seems to fix the Safari problem. I'll run tests with other browsers in the next few days, but hopefully that's it. Thank you very much.