Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Logitech Media Server Problem

Please help with what I think is a LMS problem. It is running ver. 8.2.0 and now does not work with Duets and Squeezebox radios. Players appear to connect: they show music libraries and favorites, burt will not play. In addition, LMS will not connect to mysqueezebox account -- i.e., when I enter in correct user name and password, I get a message that an unexpected error occurred validation my mysqueezebox account. I have LMS loaded on 2 PCs, and the same problem occurs with both. The players will link to the libraries on the 2 PCs but no to mysqueezebox. Firewall settings indicate LMS is being allowed through. I have loved these things for well over 10 years and don't want to lose them because of some mysterious software problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Which operating system are you running your LMS on?

Is there anything in the LMS server log that gives a clue?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Having LMS running on two PCs is complicating things. I suggest for now you uninstall it from one of them and reboot both machines.

First, go to mysqueezebox.com and log in just to confirm your credentials are still good. If good, open LMS (http://IP address of PC running LMS:9000) and enter those credentials:

Settings (in LMS) > mysqueezebox.com

Now, pick one of the Radios and do a factory reset:

Settings (on Radio) > Advanced > Restore Factory Settings

This will take you through the "out of box" setup experience. Report back on results.

LMS Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Which operating system are you running your LMS on?

Is there anything in the LMS server log that gives a clue?

Windows 10.
    I am a geezer & tech moron. So, where do I look for the server log and what do I look for in it?

LMS Default web interface. Bottom right.
    Settings/Information/Logs

Then skim read it looking for stuff around the time of your problems and see if there happens to be anything indicating an issue.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Good direction from Paul and @AB, but I read your first post and am a bit confused/unsure of what you are experiencing.

It seems like you have two LMS instances, one on each machine, and these are used as distinct "libraries". Early in your post you say they appear to connect, but will not play. Later you say the players will link to the libraries but not mysb.com. I guess you mean they will go there (LMS libraries), but won't play, say a local file? Also, what happens when you try to connect to mysb.com?

What do you use mysb.com for, internet radio stations? I ask because with LMS running, there is not allot of need for mysb.com other than validating paid streaming services.

In addition to @AB's suggestion to log into mysb.com with a browser and your un and pw, and insure those credentials are in the lms settings (settings->mysqueezebox.com tab). Don't just check them, reenter them. You could also personal message Michael (mherger) to have him check that you mysb.com account is in working order.

I would also take the receiver/duet out of the equation and focus on the radio. My receivers have always been quirky (which is why they are in a box), and I have seen the ability to navigate, but not play, and they required a full reset** of both the receiver and the controller, simultaneously**. Radios and Touches seem to behave better

If you have used your two players with 2 machines with LMS for years, it's unlikely something broke in both LMS's at the same time.

Jim

** PS - Duet reset:
    Power off controller (hard power, press and hold pwr/home)
    Press receiver until fast flashing red (will switch to slow flashing a bit later)
    Press and hold '+' while pressing and holding pwr/home on controller until lights flash, boot screen appears, release.
    Go through the setup process on controller UI. You'll see the receiver change the various colors.

LMS Server Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Good direction from Paul and @AB, but I read your first post and am a bit confused/unsure of what you are experiencing.

It seems like you have two LMS instances, one on each machine, and these are used as distinct "libraries". Early in your post you say they appear to connect, but will not play. Later you say the players will link to the libraries but not mysb.com. I guess you mean they will go there (LMS libraries), but won't play, say a local file? Also, what happens when you try to connect to mysb.com?

What do you use mysb.com for, internet radio stations? I ask because with LMS running, there is not allot of need for mysb.com other than validating paid streaming services.

In addition to @AB's suggestion to log into mysb.com with a browser and your un and pw, and insure those credentials are in the lms settings (settings->mysqueezebox.com tab). Don't just check them, reenter them. You could also personal message Michael (mherger) to have him check that you mysb.com account is in working order.

I would also take the receiver/duet out of the equation and focus on the radio. My receivers have always been quirky (which is why they are in a box), and I have seen the ability to navigate, but not play, and they required a full reset** of both the receiver and the controller, simultaneously**. Radios and Touches seem to behave better

If you have used your two players with 2 machines with LMS for years, it's unlikely something broke in both LMS's at the same time.

Jim

** PS - Duet reset:
    Power off controller (hard power, press and hold pwr/home)
    Press receiver until fast flashing red (will switch to slow flashing a bit later)
    Press and hold '+' while pressing and holding pwr/home on controller until lights flash, boot screen appears, release.
    Go through the setup process on controller UI. You'll see the receiver change the various colors.

Many thanks for this and other suggestions. I'll give them a go. FYI, to clarify, the radios and players will seemingly connect to local libraries (showing but not playing contents) but not mysqueezebox. In addition, when opening the LMS on the PC, I enter the user name and password for mysqueezebox but get an error message. The credentials are correct, as I have no difficulty signing into mysqueezebox.com directly on the PC. Again, I really appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM52 View Post
    Many thanks for this and other suggestions. I'll give them a go. FYI, to clarify, the radios and players will seemingly connect to local libraries (showing but not playing contents) but not mysqueezebox. In addition, when opening the LMS on the PC, I enter the user name and password for mysqueezebox but get an error message. The credentials are correct, as I have no difficulty signing into mysqueezebox.com directly on the PC. Again, I really appreciate the help.

Asked before - anything in the server logs? Important that you answer this question.

Also, do you have Malwarebytes installed?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1055311
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32