Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

GUSTARD DAC-R26 - anyone use it with LMS?

Is it possible to use this with LMS through UPnP/DNLA? Seems interesting.
    Last edited by Zombie; 2022-06-22 at 11:09.

Oops, it isn't available yet

Server: LMS 8.3 on Windows 10 Computer with Synology DS920+ music stored in FLAC or DSF
    Living Room: PicorePlayer 8.1 on Raspberry Pi4 USB > Musetec 005 > Krell Digital Vanguard > Dynaudio Focus 360
    Outside: PicorePlayer 8.1 on Raspberry Pi4 USB > Gustard X26 Pro > NAD 325BEE > Definitive Technology AW6500
    Home Theater: PicorePlayer 8.1 on Raspberry Pi4 w/Pi2AES Coax > Denon AVR-6700h > Dynaudio Focus 220 MkII, Dynaudio Focus 200C, Dynaudio Audience 42, Definitive Technology Di 8r

Offering HDMI socket to run I2S (which they call IIS) looks to me like something that could go wrong when the listener plugs a real HDMI device into hole.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...f-or-usb.7105/
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Offering HDMI socket to run I2S (which they call IIS) looks to me like something that could go wrong when the listener plugs a real HDMI device into hole.
    Yup, and it has no standard. A lot of bother for no improvement.

It's there because audiophilia nervosa users believe it is the best thing since sliced bread.