Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    There seems to be an issue with the website as that doesn't load either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Website and stream are back.

I think my Touch stopped at a time with no Station ID or promo. The Touch (Living Room) playlist ends at a track which isn't a Station ID and the following track which can be seen on the other playlist isn't a Station ID either.
    Another odd thing is that a Station ID visible in the UpMpd playlist at 7.35 is not visible in the Touch playlist.Name:  Screenshot_20220628-081437.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  74.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20220628-081422.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  74.0 KB

I think my Touch stopped at a time with no Station ID or promo. The Touch (Living Room) playlist ends at a track which isn't a Station ID and the following track which can be seen on the other playlist isn't a Station ID either.
    When testing I noticed a number of rebuffering events which stopped playing separate from station ID (i.e. mid stream). Had you any logs enabled to see if rebuffering happened.

Another odd thing is that a Station ID visible in the UpMpd playlist at 7.35 is not visible in the Touch playlist.
    Also during playing I noticed that some station ID and & promo had different text depending on how far into the promo, I guess it depends on when "metaint" count kicked int - when it happened I had two LMS players playing at the same time and logging.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    When testing I noticed a number of rebuffering events which stopped playing separate from station ID (i.e. mid stream). Had you any logs enabled to see if rebuffering happened.

Also during playing I noticed that some station ID and & promo had different text depending on how far into the promo, I guess it depends on when "metaint" count kicked int - when it happened I had two LMS players playing at the same time and logging.
    I didn't have any logging running this time. I was running the Touch alongside my mpd player and the mpd player continued to play. I was going to return to squeezeplay and set audio.codec logging to check for the sample rate change. Is the audio.output the correct log to check for rebuffering?

I didn't have any logging running this time. I was running the Touch alongside my mpd player and the mpd player continued to play. I was going to return to squeezeplay and set audio.codec logging to check for the sample rate change. Is the audio.output the correct log to check for rebuffering?
    IIRC Players never really log "rebufferting" - they show DECODE_UNDERRUN or AUDIO_UNDERRUN. I think audio,.output to DEBUG may log those.

If you enable LMS player.source to INFO - the "Buffering... " message indicate rebuffering and also player stated will go into REBUFFERING. The log "rebuffering failed" event precedes stopping a playing stream (i.e. giving up).

MPD internal buffer may be bigger than Touch and so can ride out the lumpiness of the stream.

IIRC Players never really log "rebufferting" - they show DECODE_UNDERRUN or AUDIO_UNDERRUN. I think audio,.output to DEBUG may log those.

If you enable LMS player.source to INFO - the "Buffering... " message indicate rebuffering and also player stated will go into REBUFFERING. The log "rebuffering failed" event precedes stopping a playing stream (i.e. giving up).

MPD internal buffer may be bigger than Touch and so can ride out the lumpiness of the stream.
    I noticed your player logs had normal human readable timestamps whereas mine had Unix Epoch times, how did you achieve that?

I noticed your player logs had normal human readable timestamps whereas mine had Unix Epoch times, how did you achieve that?
    Did nothing. Not sure which player logs as I had squeezeplay and Radio going.

Radio is latest f/w.

I think the squeezeplay is an oldish build - 8.0.1. r1340

Did nothing. Not sure which player logs as I had squeezeplay and Radio going.

Radio is latest f/w.

I think the squeezeplay is an oldish build - 8.0.1. r1340
    Are you still testing the stream after the reencoding of the Station IDs?

I think when the Touch stopped I couldn't resume playback by clicking "play", I had to click "next". Does that mean anything?

I think when the Touch stopped I couldn't resume playback by clicking "play", I had to click "next". Does that mean anything?
    Not sure what happens in "error" stop conditions. It could depend on whether you are playing - the streaming URL or the playlist URL - as "next" would imply - next track in playlist.
    playlist - http://www.deliciousagony.com/listen.pls
    streamign - http://deliciousagony.streamguys1.com/