Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boom auto starts

I have a Boom in the garage & I switch it off when I'm not in there.
    Trouble is, it starts of its own accord. I can hear music & when I go into the garage, it's playing away.
    Now I tend to reduce the volume so it doesn't annoy the neighbours, but does anyone know of a solution?
    Both my Booms are ethernet connected but only one has the issue.
    Here's my setup - can anyone advise please?

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1652959290 @ Thu 19 May 2022 01:37:48 PM CEST
    Hostname: pCP
    IP: 192.168.1.197
    HTTP Port: 9000
    Platform: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.05
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 6

What do you have in the LMS Player settings for Audio/Power on Resume ?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    What do you have in the LMS Player settings for Audio/Power on Resume ?
    Pause at power off, Remain paused at power on.
    I almost exclusively listen to streams, so I'll try Stop at power off, Remain stopped at power on.
    I'll also swap from Proxied streaming to Direct streaming now I have an ethernet connection as that may not be helping.

Thanks for the pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by muggo View Post
    Pause at power off, Remain paused at power on.
    I almost exclusively listen to streams, so I'll try Stop at power off, Remain stopped at power on.
    I'll also swap from Proxied streaming to Direct streaming now I have an ethernet connection as that may not be helping.

Thanks for the pointer.
    That didn't work. In case it was an issue with the Radio Paradise plugin, I tried with the BBC streaming service.
    In both cases the Boom was playing the next time I went into the garage.

Any ideas please?

An alarm configured in LMS

Some home automation software that knows about LMS doing something that you have forgotten about.

Stray infrared signals that generate "play" or "resume" by chance ... unlikely though.

Ports forwarded to the outside world and someone is playing with you ... would expect other devices to do random things as well though.

Any more for any more?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Just to verify, it is NOT on an open port, correct?

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...o-the-internet!

Or could it be an errant remote control signal?

(I just notice that Paul Webster just posted something very similar while I had the thread open to make my post!!)

Most of my players are connected via Powerline ethernet as the wifi signal I get is unreliable (in case it's relevant).

I have to say these warnings are completely over my head. However, I looked in the router log & I see this error msg every 2 minutes for as far back as the log goes:

Jun 22 18:31:24 daemon.err odhcp6c[13441] Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)
    Jun 22 18:29:30 daemon.err odhcp6c[13441] Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)
    Jun 22 18:27:18 daemon.err odhcp6c[13441] Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)
    Jun 22 18:25:29 daemon.err odhcp6c[13441] Failed to send DHCPV6 message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)
    etc

Then every hour I get this:

Jun 22 18:23:50 kern.warn kernel [281475.443831] dhd_hwa_event_handler: Dongle(wl1) hwa event scheduled
    Jun 22 18:23:50 kern.warn kernel [281475.443650] dhd_hwa_event: Dongle(wl1) schedule hwa event
    Jun 22 18:23:50 kern.warn kernel [281475.331827] dhd_prot_flow_ring_delete_response_process: Flow Delete Response status = 0
    Jun 22 18:23:50 kern.warn kernel [281475.330197] dhd_prot_flow_ring_delete: Send Flow Delete Req RING ID 2 for peer ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff prio 0 ifindex 3

Could this be relevant to the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    An alarm configured in LMS

Some home automation software that knows about LMS doing something that you have forgotten about.

Stray infrared signals that generate "play" or "resume" by chance ... unlikely though.

Ports forwarded to the outside world and someone is playing with you ... would expect other devices to do random things as well though.

Any more for any more?
    I don't use LMS for alarms (too unreliable!)
    No home automation here
    I don't know if my neighbour has an electric garage door opener (quite close by).
    I use an Android app called Squeezer to drive my system occasionally. I've had it loaded for a few years with no problem. I don't know how to secure this legitimate access in the router.

Nothing else I can think of.

Those look like IPv6 issues but the Boom talks IPv4 so I doubt that they are related.

Do the LMS logs give any clues?
    Paul Webster

Have you tried swapping the two Booms, to see if the problem is with the device or the location?
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.