Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zordaz View Post
    how is determined that both songs (lossy vs lossless) are really the same albeit encoded differently? They still can be different mixes or masterings instead of created from the same source.
    I assume that it is based on one of two things ... and you can experiment to see which (unless someone else provides a definitive answer)
    1) same file name apart from the extension
    2) same tags
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Which library view are you using? You should be using "Hide lossy duplicates........."
    Thanks it's working - great!
    Although could it be that single files of mp3-albums are still listed when they are part of a playlist?

...Or maybe I was just imprecise with exact titles (as in Dreamlover vs. Dream Lover(
    Last edited by streifenleopard; 2022-06-26 at 15:00.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Confusing:
    if you have the "original year"-tag filled in this will result in two albums: LSM can read the "original year"-tag of mp3s but not of flacs so it assumes two different publications years, hence no duplicates.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    Confusing:
    if you have the "original year"-tag filled in this will result in two albums: LSM can read the "original year"-tag of mp3s but not of flacs so it assumes two different publications years, hence no duplicates.
    I normally use the original year in the date tag and add the remaster year to the album title in parentheses.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I normally use the original year in the date tag and add the remaster year to the album title in parentheses.
    Well, this leaves you still with both albums displayed...

Well, this leaves you still with both albums displayed...
    Would it? I don't use the "original year" tag, I use the standard DATE tag.Name:  Screenshot_20220627-123520.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  41.2 KB

Would it? I don't use the "original year" tag, I use the standard DATE tag.
    IDK how your LMS works but mine would not even identify "Oh! You pretty Things" and "Oh! You Pretty Things" as duplicates with all other tags identical...

IDK how your LMS works but mine would not even identify "Oh! You pretty Things" and "Oh! You Pretty Things" as duplicates with all other tags identical...
    That sounds familiar. I once had "Mott the Hoople" and "Mott The Hoople" as two separate artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I assume that it is based on one of two things ... and you can experiment to see which (unless someone else provides a definitive answer)
    1) same file name apart from the extension
    2) same tags
    Based upon the last few posts in this thread I think you're right with this assumptions. And my earlier question is answered as well. It is indeed based upon tags and filenames, which makes it rather sensitive to errors.
    Living Room: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Other rooms: 6x SB Radio
    LMS: Version 8.3.0 on Xubuntu 22.04LTS

Shame though that this option eliminates 'lossy' songs from playlists but does not replace them with the respective lossless version. It will create gaps in playlists.