Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

(re)booting problem

every few weeks one of my squezebox touch suddenly starts to reboot repeatedly untli it finally end up in a state where the display shows only two ebries: my music and settings.

If I unplug the power supply for a few days, then it manages to boot properly - for another few weeks.
    trying a different power supply didn't help.

dows anyone have a hint, how to deal with that?

I would try replacing the power supply. It's a cheap fix attempt, and your supply (if it's the original) is quite old and they have a limited life.

Just reread your post - is the alternate supply you used a new one and it's the exact specs? VA/Wattage is important. If it's two small, voltage will dip when current demand is high. Also heat is a concern.

I still suspect the ps based on your observations (reboot repeatedly, ends up with a limited menu). I had a sb radio with a weak ps that would boot until the audio amp would turn on (that click), then would reboot, repeatedly. Also, I have frequent power failures here, and after restore the state of my touch is similar to what you describe. In my case it has lost connection to LMS (which I run on a pi)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I would try replacing the power supply. It's a cheap fix attempt, and your supply (if it's the original) is quite old and they have a limited life.

Just reread your post - is the alternate supply you used a new one and it's the exact specs? VA/Wattage is important. If it's two small, voltage will dip when current demand is high. Also heat is a concern.

I still suspect the ps based on your observations (reboot repeatedly, ends up with a limited menu). I had a sb radio with a weak ps that would boot until the audio amp would turn on (that click), then would reboot, repeatedly. Also, I have frequent power failures here, and after restore the state of my touch is similar to what you describe. In my case it has lost connection to LMS (which I run on a pi)

Jim
    that's what I assumed, but:
    the alternative power supply is one from a different squeezebox touch, that is continuously working perfectly fine.
    so the ps is identical...

Quote Originally Posted by squeezepaul View Post
    that's what I assumed, but:
    the alternative power supply is one from a different squeezebox touch, that is continuously working perfectly fine.
    so the ps is identical...
    does the ps in question work fine with your other touch? In other words, swap and the issue remains with the same touch?

Jim

swapping the power supplies didn't change the situation.
    so the ps shouln't be the problem.

when I check in settings -> advanced, it says that there is no network interface