Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PiCorePlayer 8.2?

I was told that I should update y 8.0.0 to 8.2 but when I go to do a minor update I et "pCP repo not accessible!!".

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LouPre View Post
    I was told that I should update y 8.0.0 to 8.2 but when I go to do a minor update I et "pCP repo not accessible!!".

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    not sure, sometimes you just have to try again, as the repo is temporarily offline. But to update from 8.0.0 to 8.2.0 you need to select the "full update" button, not the "minor update" button.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    not sure, sometimes you just have to try again, as the repo is temporarily offline. But to update from 8.0.0 to 8.2.0 you need to select the "full update" button, not the "minor update" button.
    Thanks, will that wipe out the SD also that I need to rebuild the library cache? I saw that "in situ" would do this, is there some other way?

Thanks, will that wipe out the SD also that I need to rebuild the library cache? I saw that "in situ" would do this, is there some other way?
    It never does that for me. Doing the full update preserves all my settings, etc. I have to update nothing after a full insitu update. Everything simply works as before except updated to latest version.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

It should not, but there is always a risk that some local modification has been made that affects the process.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    I got that message on two of my players. A reboot of the player took care of both of mine.
    Good luck!

It never does that for me. Doing the full update preserves all my settings, etc. I have to update nothing after a full insitu update. Everything simply works as before except updated to latest version.
    Does anyone know if you have to setup/reconfigure LMS again after an insitu update?

Quote Originally Posted by radekker View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to setup/reconfigure LMS again after an insitu update?
    I've done insitu updates to PiCorePlayer 8.2, to two different rPi4B units in the last week or so and didn't have to do any setup/update to LMS after the fact. Post update, everything was exactly the same (plugins, preferences, file locations, etc.). Simple. Then again, I thought that's what I said in the message you are responding to.
    Last edited by garym; 2022-06-17 at 06:35.

I've done insitu updates to PiCorePlayer 8.2, to two different rPi4B units in the last week or so and didn't have to do any setup/update to LMS after the fact. Post update, everything was exactly the same (plugins, preferences, file locations, etc.). Simple. Then again, I thought that's what I said in the message you are responding to.
    Thanks, it was not quite clear to me that LMS kept working too.