Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have many internet radios, this is my opinion of the squeezebox

good sound and look but overall the shittiest product i have ever had.
    even chinese radios are far more reliable and easier to configure.
    don't get me talking about the tutorials on this website. they are complicated as hell....i've been abel to progrma and disassemble a ps3 with all its fragile component and riasseble it again, i'd programmed a boot logo into an old pc main board, tested many os, flashed phone with custom firmware, rooting , unlocking them etc ...while the squeezebox firmware update procedure is pure complicated shit !! while offcial fw disconnects continuosly, turns off, then on by its own..what a pieace of shit of equipment and brand!! logitech my ass!!

take my advice don't waste your time on this website reading forums, sell the fuk*n radio, get rid of it!! and buy a vr radio, a pure elan connect or universum...they are all reliable compared to this vapid product of this sleazy brand.
    plus those radios have server enabled that will enable you manual url inpunt for radio stations ....just in case radio frontier will get shut down in the future you wont loose your device...like with noxon or grace digital and some other shitty brand similar to logitech

Sad.
    Last edited by castalla; 2022-06-11 at 21:51.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say what ?? Really ??

Quote Originally Posted by batsam View Post
    good sound and look but overall the shittiest product i have ever had.
    even chinese radios are far more reliable and easier to configure.
    don't get me talking about the tutorials on this website. they are complicated as hell....i've been abel to progrma and disassemble a ps3 with all its fragile component and riasseble it again, i'd programmed a boot logo into an old pc main board, tested many os, flashed phone with custom firmware, rooting , unlocking them etc ...while the squeezebox firmware update procedure is pure complicated shit !! while offcial fw disconnects continuosly, turns off, then on by its own..what a pieace of shit of equipment and brand!! logitech my ass!!

take my advice don't waste your time on this website reading forums, sell the fuk*n radio, get rid of it!! and buy a vr radio, a pure elan connect or universum...they are all reliable compared to this vapid product of this sleazy brand.
    plus those radios have server enabled that will enable you manual url inpunt for radio stations ....just in case radio frontier will get shut down in the future you wont loose your device...like with noxon or grace digital and some other shitty brand similar to logitech
    Wow, member since Jan 2022, 7 posts. Thank you for sharing your wealth of experience, and proving that all of the happy users here are grossly mistaken.

Have a great day.

And don't slam the door on your way out.

Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Having a bad day @Batsam?

Not sure what reasoning there is critiquing a product line that was discontinued over 10 years ago, but shame on you Logitech!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled forum conversations

Quote Originally Posted by batsam View Post
    i have many internet radios, this is my opinion of the squeezebox
    Complete nonsense.

Well, to be fair: the now long-discontinued Squeezebox Radio did not anticipate WIFI 6 and it struggles to be compatible with it. There are workarounds, but they require some level of skill working with computers. If all you need is internet radio, your only connectivity option is wireless, and you have little PC skill or patience, then the Radio may not be for you.
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2022-06-12 at 04:04.

you can program and disassemble a PS3 but can't use spellcheck?
    PiCorePlayer 7.1 on Allo Digi One Signature (Lounge)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry Dig+ Material running on PI for control (Office)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with pi official touchscreen and hifiberry DAC+(Kitchen)
    Radio (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with Allo BOSS DAC (Bedroom)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry AMP+. Squeezelite=x for control (Garage)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)
    PiCorePlayer 8.1.1 with hifiberry AMP+(Patio 2)

LMS 8.1 on DIY unRaid 6 Server (i5)

Your opinion is worth exactly what we paid for it.
    piTouchÖ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.

Don't engage with the troll.